Alive ?

Lily wasn't a little girl...... She never really got the chance to be one properly.

She was born to be a dutiful daughter. Her childhood was stolen from her. She never had teenage years. But she loved the people who did wrong to her ; for they were her parents. She was the one in charge ; "You are mature. You know how to handle this" they said. She nodded. And whenever she wondered about anything , she questioned it immediately , only to shut down and cussed upon for being a rebel.

And that's how she grew numb. Numb to stares , emotions , the bruises on her body and the pain that pierced even through her bones. Everything actually hurt , but she had no time to care. She had a lot to do , a lot of work to be finished before the dawn........ She was , indeed , a very busy child.......or a woman in a child's body.........

With no reasons to live , or even breathe , she still lived ; because dying wasn't even a choice. She craved for death , but being reminded of her duties by her own brain which no one ever acknowledged was there to begin with , she lived. Agony , anxiety and depression was her closest friends.

Was she really alive ? For a person , who's dead inside but is still breathing , can she be regarded as "alive" ? She don't know. She never knew......... May be she'll never know. What even is alive , she questions herself. And she still donno the answer. Maybe she stopped searching for an answer.... After all , she too was a human , even though no one around her ever acknowledged her that way. It hurt. But it was what it was and it still is what it is. Nothing changed , nothing changes and nothing will change too.