4.2

-thirty two years old-

"Remember when we were younger and we used to have all those little sleepovers? That was so fun."

"But now we have our little sleepovers every night with our little family and its so much better."

"But would you ever go back is what I'm saying."

"As long as I still can be with you."

"Remember when we ignored each other for an entire years because we thought the other one didn't like us?"

"That was the worst year of my life."

"Mine too. Did you know I still have all of our old texts? I couldn't bear to get rid of them when we weren't talking to each other. I thought we wouldn't ever be friends again."

"But I love you now and nothing will ever come between us now."

"I'm still counting."

"Counting what?"

"I'm still counting all of the stars one hundred times each every night for the rest of my life just like you said."

"That's why I love you so much."

"What do you mean?"

"You still don't get the meaning behind it. When I said to count all the stars you still forgot six more."

"Six more?"

"The stars I'm talking about are in people's eyes. The specific stars I'm talking about are in your eyes and Erica's eyes and Caleb's eyes."

"But you didn't even know Erica and Caleb would be around when you said it."

"I may not have known that but I did know that you have the brightest stars of all, and whoever you influence, their stars burn brighter than before. You've made my dark eyes see brighter again."

"How long has it taken you to figure out that deep analogy?"

"Since high school. Those writing classes pay off."

"That's why I love you. You tell the truth. No matter what."

"Why do you think I tell you I love you every day? Because I don't lie."

"Well I love you too. Now get some sleep."

"Goodnight Ashton."

"Goodnight Luke."