𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 : 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚛

MOTHERHOOD WAS SOMETHING THAT OFTEN CROSSED HER MIND, every minute and every day that passed, she'd consider every possible outcome if she were to become one

MOTHERHOOD WAS SOMETHING THAT OFTEN CROSSED HER MIND, every minute and every day that passed, she'd consider every possible outcome if she were to become one. Would she be a great mother like Thomas had told her? She was afraid—afraid that she's not capable of feeling things she wasn't capable of before, afraid that she's not capable of loving her child to her full extent...afraid that she would turn out just like Alejandra. A sliver of envy flickered across Mercedes' eyes as she talked to the mother who was carrying her own babe. She forced a smile and shrugged off the dreadful emotion she was feeling and went on her job. 

Mercy flipped back the signage hanging on the glass door after seeing the mother and her son off, it was past 12 noon and the entire resident of Primrose Hill could probably hear the loud growling of her stomach from hunger. Her eyes narrowed at the huge window as she noticed a van halting right in front of the clinic, soon two men wearing peaked hats climbed out of it. 

"Isn't that your man?" Olivia whispered behind her back, making her jump out of her skin, "Jesus! You scared me!" Mercy yelled and grabbed her chest, it was then followed by her laugh. Arthur and Thomas approached the door, the Peaky Blinders' leader wore his usual expression, but as soon as their gazes met, his face lit up.

Arthur pushed open the door and looked over at the woman next to Mercy. "What are y'all doing here?" Mercy immediately asked and stepped aside, crossing her arms over her chest, the corner of her red-stained lips curled upwards.

"We're going to buy a horse, and you're coming with us," Thomas answered, towering over his woman before leaning down to kiss her on the lips. "Where?" she asked as he pulled away, but before Thomas could answer, Mercy spoke once more, "I can't leave the clinic, Thomas..."

"Well, Ms. Not-Interested is here, ain't she? She a grown woman, ya could leave 'er alone here for a few hours," Arthur chimed in as his gaze fell at Olivia, Mercy looked back at the brunette with a barely perceptible distressed look on her face, her mouth opened and closed, trying to force words out of her throat. 

Olivia ignored Arthur's remark and grinned at Mercy, "Go on, love. I'm alright here, it's not such a busy day today," the brunette nodded and squeezed Mercy's arm softly. "Are you sure?" Mercy asked, scratching the back of her nape. She kind of feel embarrassed that she'd leave the clinic to Olivia all alone even if she was the boss in terms of hierarchical structure. The Bell woman reassured her that it was fine, and she finally gave in after that. 

As luck would have it, she wore a decent dress from a designer named Jean Patou to work, it was one of the gifts Thomas had sent to her a few weeks ago. By the time she got out of the office, Thomas was patiently waiting for her to come out. Mercy made her way to the back of the van to greet the other blinders, "What's crackin', Charlie?" she smiled at the middle-aged man to which he returned with a nod and a low grunt. 

"Hey, Mercy!"

"Hi, Ms. de Silva."

Finn and Isaiah greeted in unison as they peeped their heads out of the van, "Oh, y'all here too?" she exclaimed and they both flashed her a smug, proud grin as if showing off that Thomas had finally let them join the adult affairs like this one. Curly waved his hand at Mercy, making her wave back to him and that's when she noticed that Michael was sitting on the far end of the vehicle.