𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

"How many hearts have you macerated already?"

*•*

Best friends turned rivals.

A story between two soldier men who came back from war with a passion. One held the ambition to rule the world while the other fought for his beliefs to hopefully change the world. Two different family names, but both cared for the same woman.

A sister and a wife. Caught between a game of tug a war, neither side fully pulling her towards them. She was stuck in the middle with no where to go. And as the news reached the ears of the young Shelby woman that her brother had found out about her marriage to a Thorne, she knew right then and there-they were going to kill each other.

Ada Shelby rushed down the street in a frantic state, one hand clutched onto her growing stomach. Standing in front of her destination, she pushed through the doors of the Garrison in a rush. Gazing around the pub, she was hoping she'd catch the main person she wanted to see right now. Fast walking over to the bar counter, she looked at the barmaid in a wild panic not even knowing if the woman would know who she was looking for, "Where's Leticia? I need to find her, have you seen her?"

Ada couldn't even wait for an answer. She turned away from the counter, whipping her head back and forth around the room praying that she'd see the mop of curls she'd grown to adore over the years, "Where is she? They're going to kill each other, oh god."

A dumb founded Grace stood behind the counter of the pub not knowing what exactly to do with a feverish pregnant Shelby woman. She finally came to her senses when she saw a pained Ada hunch over slightly with a hand on her stomach, "You need to relax, it's not good for the baby," setting a hand upon her arm to guide her to a chair, Ada pushed her away lightly in refusal but Grace pressed forward, "Lettie is not here, but I ca-"

The doors of the Garrison burst open at that moment, Leticia dressed in a black skirt and beige blouse walked her way in furrowing her brows at the sight of Ada. She was going to question why she was here, but eyeing the younger woman's current state, Lettie grew concerned, "Ada, what's going on, dear?"

Ada had never been more relieved to see the brunette. Without walking too much, she waited for Leticia to make her way over before she threw her arms around her. The Morelli woman with no hesitation wrapped her arms around the woman in comfort, looking to Grace in question but all she received was a confused face back from the barmaid.

"Come on, love. Let's sit down. Don't want to rile up baby boy." The hazel eyed beauty took her to the back room, but before walking in Lettie caught eyes with Grace, "Prepare a glass of water, please."