03: All out

"Okay girl, spill the tea. What's wrong?" Veronica jumped right to the point when she walked into Betty's apartment. Betty loved her best friend, she got always everything out of her. Veronica wasn't shy and she didn't wait for it, she wanted to know everything now, not later.

Betty started telling about her terrible day. Veronica was acting calm, she liked Jughead, he was her friend still and she met him time to time. But no, they weren't as close as in high school. She met him sometimes when they hang out with Kevin and Fangs, but they never met just two of them. She always tried to keep Betty's things in her mouth, but it was sometimes difficult and she might have told some things about her best friend to her ex boyfriend. But. She admitted (only for Kevin though, who thought the same) she was really shipping those two former love birds, soulmates. But that's something she would never say aloud to Betty.

"Vee, are you listening or just focusing on your wine?" Betty asked. Veronica had heard everything, she just didn't care. This thing with Betty and Jughead had been like this for too many years and she had heard every hateful comment so many times before. "I'm listening but this is like same old same old," Veronica replied and knew already that Betty will snap more. "What the hell Vee? There is nothing same old here. He is here! I have to see him everyday and he is mean. And now he'll take Joel and Carla. Everyone I know is now also Jughead's friends too, how fucking perfect is that," Betty shouted and drank her glass of wine with one sip.

"Bee. Calm down! Don't let that idiot ruin your life. I actually have a perfect idea. Show him he doesn't affect you. Show him you doesn't care and his presence is nothing to you. Or it's more like welcomed than something awful. Act like he is your friend and you can have fun with him and your friends. He has no effect your life - that's how you act. If you are feeling something else, you let it all to me or Kev. But don't show it to him. It will drive him crazy!" Veronica's plan was clear. And in secret, she hoped that if Betty acts like it, eventually she feels like it.

"Oh my god Vee that's very big plan! I don't know.. I'm not good at it and my red cheeks or heavy breathing will reveal me. They always does," Betty said and felt already her cheeks changing the colour. "You used to like him and love him and enjoy his company. So you just dig those feelings, you have them already. This is perfect and it will annoy him so much! Come on Bee, drink to this with me!" Veronica pushed her, just enough for Betty to agree with the plan.

Veronica was good with dealing Betty and getting her to do things. She knew exactly how much encouraging she needed. Betty was more shy, so this was a thing quite often. Veronica had done her practice and Betty raised her glass and said yes. "But you need to help me a lot!" she checked and Veronica agreed.

They got ready to going out. They did their make up and drank maybe little too many. But with giggles and good plans they stepped out of Betty's apartment and walked to the night of glamour. There was never nothing else with Veronica. Just glamour.

This time she has reserved them a VIP room from this just week before opened night club. There was a bottle of champagne and karaoke equipments. So they sang a little while, just two of them. After that it was time to dance, drink and make some new friends. They found few people who then got invited to their VIP room and that was the place to party the rest of the night.

It was very usual night for these two best friends. Betty drank a lot for this particular one though, her mind was a mess and she didn't know any better way to numb it. Thank god she had Veronica, she was the one who made her shape up everytime Betty was feeling down or mess or tired. But for the early hours of the Saturday, Betty, and Veronica too, had something else in mind, someone elses company.

So like always, they left from the club with a company. There was never time for after party. Or there was but it was only for Betty and for some handsome young man. For these kind of nights, Betty had the same routine. She didn't search a realtionship, she just wanted hot, steamy, meaningless sex. And she had this same plan for every guy. One drink at the apartment. Shower, together of course. Then everything they'll have energy to do in the bedroom. And one round in the morning.

And that was what she did tonight too, she just had one problem during all those sexy times. It was very hard to forget Jughead. Why was he in her head still? And when she was having those steamy moments with this gorgeus man.. Betty hated him now even more. He was invaded to her most private hours and was ruining her moments of pleasure. She couldn't believe it. She really needs to do something and in this moment, only thing Betty could think was Veronica's plan. She was ready to show Jughead that her life is perfect without him and he is nothing.

"So, you need to go now because I have to get ready for today. Goodbye.. Zack?" Betty said to him after coffee. "Alright, I'm going. You really don't give me more than Betty?" he asked. "Nope. First names are enough. We'll see each other if there is something deeper here, I'm sure of that. Otherwise. Thank you for this," Betty smiled to him and was once again secretly so pleased to her routine.

This was so easy with this way. Without her 'Cooper', they can't find her and there is nothing complex afterward. And if she really wants to date, she does it very differently, definitely not starting with drinks and sex. Sometimes, she had tried dating too. But people out there, they were really boring. She wanted sparks, passion and desire. Something interesting. Sex was easy and to be honest, everyone needs that time to time.

After Betty said goodbyes her one-night-stand, she got ready to her day with Jughead, Joel and Carla. And the time she did her make up and chose her outfit, she was doing mental excercise 'Jughead has no impact in my good life, I can keep my happy life just the way it is'. It wasn't easy though, the hangover didn't help and she really was nervous. She changed her outfit like five times. She threw up one time too, but she wasn't sure was it the hangover or nerves. Must be hangover?

Thirty minutes before noon, she headed out wearing light blue boyfriend jeans, olive green turtleneck sweater and her favourite black Vans. She took her leather backpack with her packing there one big bottle of water and one little bottle of wine. Two glasses, to her and to Carla. Joel was a beer guy. And Jughead. She didn't know or care. She walked to the park and way before she was there at the meeting spot, she already saw her friends and Jughead, waiting for her, laughing.

As soon as she was more near, she was ready to turn around and go back home. No fucking way. Jughead was wearing light blue jeans with olive green sweater. With black fucking Vans.