Chapter 11: We're Here

Chloe pov.

As we walked it started to rain and I shivered a bit. Matt must have noticed because he put his arm around me and rubbed my arms a little. I smile and lean my head on his shoulder.

We walk for a long time before we stop under an awning to take a break. I'm shivering and soaked. Matt rubs my arms trying to warm me up and I smile a little.

"Thanks." I say softly and he kisses my cheek. After a couple minutes we start to walk again and it starts to get late. After awhile we turn and I feel a dirt path underneath my feet.

"We're on the path that leads to get house." he says and I almost can't contain my excitement. After about half an hour walking through the muddy path Matt squeezes my hand.

"we're here." He said softly. I smile widely and hug him. He laughs a little and his me back picking me up and spinning me around. I laugh a little and kiss him once he sets me down. He seems a little surprised and I'm surprised too. I pull away and blush tilting my head down so he won't see me blush. I feel him cup my cheek and tilt my head up so I'm facing him. He leans in and kisses me lovingly. I'm a little surprised but then kiss him back.

After a couple minutes he pulls away. I really didn't want him to pull away.

"Let's go inside." He says softly and I nod. He takes my hand and we walk up to the house. We walk up the steps to the porch and Matt knocks on the door.

"Yes?" A lady says as the door opens and she sounds a little annoyed.

"Hi, are you Crystal?" Matt asks and I squeeze his hand.

"depends, who are you?" she asks.

"My name is Matt and this is Chloe." he says and I smile shyly.

She hesitates. "come in." she says and Matt leads me inside. She tells us to wait in the living room and we sit down on the couch. She walks into the kitchen and I can hear her mumbling to herself but I can't make out what she's saying.

"What if she doesn't help us?" I blurt out nervously. I was trying not to think about it the way here but now that we were actually here it was the only thing I could think of. He doesn't say anything and squeezes my hand. He probably didn't want to think about it either but we both knew it was a possibility.

"I love you Chloe, no matter what." He says and pecks my lips. I smile and Crystal walks back into the room

"I've waited eight years for you and I'm not even ready. Silly me" she says.