~The Games-Day Six~

Calvin Jameson - District One

All four of us are shocked at what William did. It was out of the blue, totally random. When he went over to North, Cove, and Tate we got out of there and ran back to our camp. Right now it's the next day and we're eating dinner.

"I still can't believe that William just left us like that," says Holly. "I don't think any of us were," I say. "Let's look on the bright side. Now we have a good chance of winning and nobody needs to sacrifice themselves," Sky points out. "Sky's right. I mean, William probably left us so we could win," agrees Jordan. We spend the rest of dinner talking about our families and back home.

"I really hope we make it back," Holly says. "Do you have any siblings?" I question her. "Yeah, I have a younger sister named Miri. She's twelve. What about you?" Replies Holly. "An older sister Victoria," I say, and then ask, "Sky you have any siblings?" "Three older brothers," she says and makes a face. "What's wrong with brothers?" Asks Jordan. "They told me I wouldn't make it very far in the Games," Sky responds, and we all laugh.

Sky asks Jordan if he has any siblings. "Two brothers . One younger, his name is Jacob, and one older, his name is Luke," answers Jordan. "What are you guys doing if we make it out of the Games?" I ask Jordan and Holly. "One of us might move to the other's district," Jordan says. "Aw that's sweet," Sky says. Holly and Jordan smile at each other. "Calvin you like anyone back home?" Questions Sky.

"Well there is this one girl. Her name's Talia. I know her from school, and I kind of like her," I reply, looking down. "You should ask her out, man," Jordan tells me. "Did you talk to her before the Games?" Holly asks. "Yeah, she came to say goodbye to me," I say. "And?" Sky asks. "Well I told her I would try to make it back for her," I respond.

"Well if you make it back you need to ask her out," Jordan says. "Fine," I say, laughing.

After dinner, we go out onto the beach and play games into it gets dark. It's the most fun I've had in the arena so far. We head back into our house and quickly fall asleep. A while later, I wake up suddenly from a noise coming from outside the house. Sky, Holly, and Jordan are up too. "What's that noise?" Sky whispers. "I don't know," I reply. "Let's go see," says Jordan. We all get up and I grab my bow and arrow as Sky grabs her spear and Holly and Jordan each grab a knife. We step outside, and right on the sand are Cove, North, Tate, and William.

We walk over to them. We're ready to fight. "We're the two alliances left," North says. "Hello? There's still Griffin, Jacklyn, and Trevor," Sky says. "Whatever. We're the ones who really have a chance. I guess it's either us or you," Tate says. "Better us than you. In fact, it will be us," Holly says, and then we all start fighting.

I go for the person in front of me, Cove. She slashes at me with her knife, but I duck and dodge her attempts. I give her a strong push and she falls to the ground. North runs over to help her. Holly shoves William to the ground, and then all that's left standing is Tate. Jordan slashes him somewhere with his knife, making him fall as well. North, Cove, and William all rush over, pick up Tate, and run back into the forest.

"What'd you do to Tate?" I ask Jordan. "Cut his leg with my knife," Jordan replies and I high-five him. "Glad we survived that," Sky says as we walk back to our house. We climb into our sleeping bags and fall back asleep.