005┆chapter five

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

five.        halloween

▬▬ CASSIE SMILED AS SHE, Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Mike piled out of her truck. Mike felt a little out of place as he watched the other four laugh and push each other around. It was his first time meeting the three boys. Cassie insisted that he join them on their trip to the haunted house in La Push ― it was tradition.

"Come one, Mikey." Cassie made her way over to him and looped her arm through his, he couldn't help but smile as she pulled him with her ― the other three falling into step with them.

"I'm still mad that you changed your mind last minute." Quil huffed. "We look ridiculous." He motioned to himself and the other two boys, they were dressed like gladiators ― each one had on a red cape and a leather skirt of sorts, and a dagger.

"Yeah!" Jacob added. "If you guys match and it makes us look-"

"Guys, stop!" Cassie laughed. "You're making Mike uncomfortable." She patted his shoulder and he looked over at her. "And it was a last minute decision. I think we look cute." She smiled and the blond boy smiled too, while the other three shook their heads at the girl.

"Okay, you do." Embry told her and she grinned ― she and Mike were dressed like Kim and Ron from Kim Possible. "But we didn't have to dress like gladiators without our gladiator princess."

"You guys look great." She told him, her arm still looped around Mike's as they made their way up the front steps of the haunted house. "You having any fun at all? I know they're a lot." She asked her boy beside her.

"Yeah." He nodded with a smile. "Thanks for inviting me."

"Look who's here." They heard a familiar voice behind her but none of them bothered to turn around, Cassie and Mike were laughing as Jacob, Embry, and Quil fought with their daggers. Not that you could really call it fighting, Jacob and Embry we're hitting their daggers together and Quil waved the flimsy plastic and squeezed his eyes closed just hoping he'd hit one of them.