"Will Smith...the rapper?"

I was working on the request I was gonna post for this but it didn't come out the way I want so I wrote the longest one-shots I've ever written for a ship I don't even like all for Gowhiteboygo_08

Even worse, I kinda like it. I might expand on it.

TW: blood, cuts(not major just scratches) implied child neglect/abuse, implied starving as punishment, Xemug, implied(very light) homophobia, character death mention, tell me if I missed anything.

Ship Sailing: Fucking Danvid.

-

David had been playing in his backyard, like he did every day. Toy cars zooming through the mud puddle he had made, knees and hands dirtied with it. His hands and cheeks, rosy from the sun. His favorite Pokémon shirt is covered in mud.

His mom would be so upset when she got home.

It had been like every other warm summer day for eight year old David, playing in his backyard, alone. Waiting for his mother to get back home from work.

Or, it was supposed to be.

That was, until he heard a noise. A distant rustle in the bushes that cut off the forest from his backyard.

At first David continued on, ignoring the noise. It was probably an animal or something. Squirrels and bunnies always seemed to love moving through his bushes.

But then he hears a whimper. Low and quiet, carried by the wind and right into David's young ears.

That made him drop his toys, not even bothering to watch as they sank, deeply, into the mud.

He picked himself up, dusted himself off, and walked to go grab the stick that he kept by the backdoor.

Just in case, y'know?

He slowly eased towards the bushes, wincing as the whimpering seemed to increase. It sounded bad, but David wasn't about to let his guard down yet. That's how you get attacked by neighborhood cats.

He used the large stick, almost the same height as him, to push the bushes aside and peered inside.

It was a kid.

A kid in pain.

David hated seeing people in pain.

He threw the stick to the side and dropped to his knees, hands hovering towards the crying child sitting in the bushes, legs curled to his chest and face buried in his knees.

"Uhm, are you okay?" David asked, eyebrows knitting in worry when he shot his head up and flinched back, violently, at the sound of David.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" David squeaked, shivering as the kid's eyes seemed to trace his every movement and peer into his soul. It was creepy.

"Uhm, my name is David." He tried, shifting on his knees. The kid didn't say anything, continuing to stare at him, wide and teary eyed.

David, lost in the awkward silence, took in the kid crying in his bushes.

The first thing he noticed was his large blue eyes. Wide and sparkling, like the oceans on tv. They seemed to glimmer in the sunlight, with the added tears.

His hair was platinum blonde. So bright, David swore it couldn't be his own. He probably dyed his hair, like mommy does to her gray ones.

It was also rather long. Flowing over his head and curling right at the bottom of his ears. Shaggy, like Shaggy. David wondered if he could put it in a ponytail. Wrap it up in a bright blue hair tie to match his eyes.