In that moment

Why was he so mad at her? After all it's not like she knew her father was gonna tell him she was his daughter. She couldn't deal with him when he was angry and frustrated, he wouldn't listen to her. Ugh, and why did he have to look so attractive while he did it? It was weird the effect he had on her from the very moment she had set eyes on him she felt a strange squirming sensation in her gut, the sensation hadn't stopped her from delivering her witty remark but it had still left her uneasy. And it wasn't fair that he was being angry and looking so good at the same time, it didn't help the attempt to make him listen to her either. He. Would. Not. Listen. He kept accusing her of spying for her father and double-crossing him she wanted to shake him until he listened but she knew that wouldn't get her very far. Then a thought crossed her mind, it was irrational and stupid but she thought maybe, just maybe it would work. Part of her mind said yes, do it, you want to, do it. It was so right too, so in that moment she grabbed him and yanked him to her, kissing him full on the mouth before another word could be spoken. He had tensed up, his eyes wide as her lips moved on his, she knew she ought to pull away heaven knows what that boy could do if she let him kiss her back. Already his hand was slipping over her hip and on to her back, content to rest there till the end of time. She wanted to keep kissing him but she also needed to know why he'd done what he'd done.

"Wait" she said and pushed on his chest, he stumbled back a bit his eyes were bright and disappointed it seemed. She now had his attention. "I need to know you didn't cave for the money." They talked like nothing had happened... almost. As she explained her plan about the Children's Crusade there was a certain tence ness to the air as if they were both afraid that the other would get angry again and leave. In fact she had tried to leave to have him follow so they could get to work on printing, but he had stopped her. And there he was talking with his hands and stumbling over his words saying things like "Standing here tonight lookin' at you, I'm afraid tomorrow's gonna come and change everything" she hadn't ever seen him embarrassed before and it made her smile to know she had made him blush. And then it was her turn to be shy as she said things like "I thought I knew what love was, that is, until I met you" she smiled up at him reassuring him that she believed in him. As they talked they came closer together carefully winding there hands to gather, Katherine was finding it hard not to stare at his lips, she fought the urge to throw her self at him and kiss him goodness knows where that would lead. Finally, he kissed her his hands once again resting on her back pulling her close to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck wanting nothing more than to stay like that forever, kissing him, hugging him, feeling his body against hers. Before she knew it he had pulled ruffly away from her a noise of protest escaping her lips.

"If things were different." He said, Katherine rolled her eyes, he was thinking about Santa Fe again. Soon after that his hands were back in hers and they continued there conversation she smiled at him as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her again this time with more confidence. In that moment she was very happy he had flirted with her in the street. In that moment she was... dare she say glad that the strike had happened because if it hadn't who knows where she would be that night. Surly not in the arms of the Newsie Jack Kelly.

AUTHORS NOTE: There's your shot of fluff for the day! :) your welcome. If you would like a second story about this but in Jacks POV let me know and I will get right on it! Your all probably wondering "Why is she writing a new story when she should be updating The Last Nine Years?" Never fear my friends it is coming! I updated it really fast last time and I'm trying to get into a weekly schedule so expect an update some time this week! As always comment and tell me what you think. I own nothing. Thx