CHAPTER 1

10th of August year 2003; loud whine of a new born infant ravished the ears of an exhausted-looking sire and woman whose tears are plummeting. It was not the cries and whimper that made their eyes widened. It was the glimmering rays of blue, brimming around the body of a child.

Whoever gaze upon him would tremble, for the magic that is coming from the little man is something unfathomable; that even an archmage cannot fathom.

They named him, Arrow Perseus Valiente.

For those lights that were spangling from him spectacularly yielded into an arrows of magic.

It was then, when Wendelia and Laurent Valiente discerned that their son is not a mere magus—but a special one.

---

❝ So Erudite will really go to Peroedes? ❞

❝ Yeah. My uncle said her family paid a huge amount of gold. The House of Ildred is really wealthy. ❞

Buzzes of hearsays and gossips from the group of students around his age always irritate his ears.

'It’s their tyrannical nature to throw away money'

Arrow whispered within his mind while flipping the page of a book he is currently fond of. The old bookshop around their village became his personal sanctuary as he grew old. It is a bookshop that the foundation deeply relies with the utilization of magic, done by its owner. An elderly man whom Arrow addresses as Filomeno.

❝ Which book caught your eye again this time, young lad? ❞

Overwhelming sapience is immensely evident whenever the elderly speaks. It is one of the reason why Arrow keep on coming back despite of how antiquated the bookshop is.

Tila nanginginig pa ang mga tuhod ng yaong si Filomeno habang itinatabi ang nagkalat na libro sa aklatan niya. Bagama’t matanda na ay wala itong asawa at mga anak. Nilibang nang husto ang sarili sa paghahabi ng kaalaman.

❝ The Seven Greatest Archmages. ❞

Simpleng tugon ng binata habang sinisiyasat ang laman ng librong hawak. Nangiti si Filomeno na animo’y natutuwa sa sinasaksihan. Nasanay na ito sa presensya ng binata, dahil kahit pa matagal nang nakatayo sa gitna ng nayon ang aklatan ay bilang lamang sa daliri ang nagtutungo rito.

❝ Perhaps, you’ve already chosen which school you will be attending a week from now? ❞

Natigil sa pagbabasa si Arrow nang kuwestiyonin siya ni Filomeno; hindi naman pumasok sa isip nito na mag-aral sa kahit na anong prestihiyosong paaralan na nagkalat sa Antoine. Una sa lahat ay walang sapat na pera ang pamilya niya upang makapasok sa isa sa mga ito. Pangalawa ay mas komportable siyang turuan ang sarili.

❝ My family cannot afford to waste money for a learning institution.❞

His expression remains stern.
Well, despite coming from an ancestry of mysterious Valientes it somehow refrains him from having a contact with any magic school.

Bookshops and libraries are where he usually harvests knowledge. Books never disappoint him though.

For a matter of fact, House of Valiente is one of the most influential lineage in Antoine; for it is the lineage where Valiente, the most powerful archmage belongs.

However, Arrow and his famiy have been thrown away from the house before he was even born. Because even though his father came from a bloodline which is notable for having top-tier magic and ranks. Laurent Valiente is considered as the weakest among the lineage and that made the house of Valiente believed that he is unworthy of the name and so on got cast out.