Part 6 - Trust

Viraj and Sanjana sat at the table eating food, they were famished after their night adventure in the forest. Mahima had 2 kids, 1 daughter and 1 son named Ashi and Harsh.

"I hope you both like the food," Mahima said,

"It's very tasty didi, we were very hungry," Sanjana replied,

"After you both, I am going to the farm to give lunch to Gautham, my husband"

"You won't eat with us now?"

"No, you eat with Ashi and Harsh. I will eat at the farm"

"That's so sweet of you didi. I will help you with dinner, you just let me know what to do. I don't want to be just a burden."

"Guest's are god sent you both are not a burden, even Gautham will be happy seeing you both. Today you take rest from tomorrow you can help me in the kitchen"

"Okay. Thanks again didi" Sanjana replies and continues with her food while Viraj silently observes how easily she was mingling with the family.

After the lunch was Sanjana helped with the dishes, Mahima was ready to take the tiffin and turns towards Sanjana and said,

"You both feel at home, there is the tv you can watch anything you like, don't let Ashi and harsh force you to watch cartoon. They have to do their homework."

"I will help them with the homework" Viraj replies shocking Sanjana, he didn't look like a person who would enjoy helping kids,

"You take rest, I will check upon then once I am back"

"I am fine now, let me help you"

"Okay but know that they are a lot of trouble," Mahima says and leaves.

Sanjana comes and sits beside Viraj and speaks,

"We are lucky that we found Mahima didi, she is such a nice lady"

"Yeah she is, I am in shock about how she is trusting us with kids and house. We could be thieves or kidnappers"

"The people living in villages are kind-hearted not spoiled  by the corruption and deception of city lives"

"You don't like city life?"

"I like it but the constant daily rush is exhausting, what about you?"

"I don't know, I am a person of discipline, I studied in an army boarding school then joined the army. So never had much chance to live the city rush life"

"So your school life was boring?"

"Being an army kid I have always learned from my father to be disciplined and punctual. I never had the chance to live the careless carefree life,"

"Your dad was also in the army?"

"Yes, he was. Now he has retired"

"He must be very proud of you!"

"I hope so"

"And your mom?"

"My mom is the sweetest lady. She and my sister live in Mumbai."

"Oh such a coincidence, even I am from Mumbai"

"That's nice. Who all are there in your family?"

"No siblings but I have my dad who must be crazy worried and his wife"

"There are no communication networks open, you call him once they networks are back"

"Yeah I will"