6

{ Season 2, Episodes 20 & 21}

" i don't care, you're an idiot! "

Lexi parks her car, and she goes out and waits for Elena. Once she's out, Lexi spots Stefan, which causes elena to see him also.

"Thanks for today." Elena told Lexi making her nod before she walked away, leaving Stefan and Elena alone.

Stefan feels something and he puts himself in front of Elena and they both turn their heads. Klaus is there.

"You got me all nervous. I thought maybe you'd done something stupid. Kara was ready to rip Katherine apart." Klaus told them as he smirk at them, footsteps were heard, Kara.

"I would've. But you know, I decided to let Athena deal with kitty." Kara told her brother with a smirk as she then turned to Elena, completely ignoring Stefan's presence. "You ready, copycat?"

"I'm ready." Elena states as she starts walking toward the twins but Stefan stops her.

"No." Stefan says shaking his head making Kara raise an angry brow, she did not have time for this-well she did-but she didn't want to waste her time doing this.

"I wouldn't. No reason for you to die, too." Klaus and kara threaten in sync, making Elena turn around and looks at Stefan. Stefan can't stop staring at Kara, making Klaus step in front of his sister, breaking Stefan's gaze.

"No. Stefan, hey, hey, it's fine, it's fine. I'll go. No one needs to get hurt. There's no reason for you to get hurt." Elena tells him making him nod softly, yeah they weren't together anymore but that didn't meant he wanted her to die.

"Close your eyes. Close your eyes." Elena tells him making the twins roll their eyes as Stefan closes his eyes.

Elena lets go of his hand and when he opens his eyes, she's gone. Kara is the only one standing there, she walks over to him.

"Don't do it." Stefan muttered as he shook his head, making Kara fake confusion.

"Don't do what?"

"You know what."

"Love, darling...it has to be done. Trust me, without the copycat...everything will be much better." Kara told him as she stoped a feet away from him, keeping her distance just in case he was feeling murderey.

It was silent between them for awhile, before Stefan broke the silence as he took a step towards her.

"So...Derek?" Stefan says as he continued to walk towards and stopping a breath away from her, he was right in front of her.