11.

11.

"What?" Amay shrieked standing on a bench of the garage, "how could you be so irresponsible?"

"I-I'm sorry, Sir. I assure you I won't repeat this again." The driver said.

"Look, Nilofar's school is over now," he said calmly, "today I'm going today, but this shouldn't happen again, Satya."

"Yes, sir, it won't happen again," Satya, the driver apologized. "But, sir, it's only 1:40 PM now, Baby Nilofar's school is off at 1:50 PM."

"So what? You are hired to pick and drop Nilofar from and to school," Amay said placing his hands on his waist, "you should've been there at school by now, you have only 10 minutes, and you're aware of the traffic here, you just go to your home, I'll pick Nilofar from her school."

"What happened Amay? You just go to the hospital," Rukhsaar asked to Amay.

"Hospital? Who's there? What happened?" he asked.

"Mira is having an appointment with Dr Khanna at 3 o'clock," she said, "Naina called yesterday."

"I must leave," he said and climbed up the car, "I'll pick Nilofar from the school and drop her here." He started the engine and moved the car in reverse gear.

"A-Amay!!" Rukhsaar screamed, but Amay didn't listen.

*

Amay reached the hospital at 2 o'clock.

"Hey! Is that Amay Dhiraj?" a girl asked the receptionist.

"O, My God! Amay Dhiraj!!!!" another girl squealed.

"Madame, please remain quiet, it's a hospital." The receptionist said in a polite yet firm voice.

"Excuse me, madame," Amay went near the reception and said, "is there any girl named Mira who's going to come for the appointment of Mr Khanna?"

"Sir, let me check." She said and looked into the old-bulky green file, "Umm, yes sir, they have an appointment at 3:00 PM with Dr Suryabhan Khanna."

"Can I know why?" Amay asked, "I mean why they want to see the doctor, is it a routine checkup?"

"Oh, no sir, it's not a routine one." She replied, "the patient, Mira, is actually blind right from her birth and now, there are some chances of her to regain her eyesight, so they're trying it out."

"Okay, thank you so much." Amay thanked her, "how many chances do we have in regaining her eyesight?"

"Sir, I don't know, it's going to be their second meeting with the doctor," she said, "I'll ask the ward men if the reports are ready or not, till then, please be seated."

"Oh, yeah please," Amay said and moved towards the waiting area. The receptionist got up and went in and returned back after 10 minutes, till then, Amay was surrounded by a huge mass of people asking him for an autograph, a few reporters, yes, reporters too joined them, the security guard was busy pushing the crowd away from Amay.

"May I have your attention please!" the receptionist announced in the microphone, "we've been saying this for a lot of time, this is a hospital, each and every person, let it be a patient, or a visitor even a doctor is a common civilian, for us, no one is Sanjay Dutt, no one is Amay Dhiraj, no one is Sachin Tendulkar, in the hospital premises, and we want y'all to behave in the same way in the hospital. Hope you've understood what we want. I request y'all to settle back." The crowd left Amay and settled back.

"Thank you so much, madame," Amay said.

"It was my duty," she said in a firm voice.

"Reports?" Amay asked.

"Yeah, here they are," she said and handed out the reports to Amay, "we've 90% chances for Mira to regain her eye-sight."

"Really? That's great!!" Amay rejoiced, "Can I see the doctor?"

"Oh yeah, sure, please come this way," she said and guided Amay to the doctor's cabin.

*

2:30 PM, At the Orphanage.

"I don't know what's wrong with him..." Mira said nervously arranging the kids' stuff in the dormitory, "Naina, did you tell him, that I've had a check-up with Dr Khanna."

"I've told Rukhsaar about it," Naina replied.

"But, why Amay wants to meet me now, and that too in the orphanage," Mira said.

"And why he has asked me and Ashu to be here?" Sanjana asked while dusting the floor.

"I don't know tai," Naina said picking up Asmita's books from her bed, "Ashu...... why are your books lying here like this, c'mon keep it in the cupboard," Naina yelled.

"Mira Tai, Naina Tai, Sanju Tai," Asmita called out to the three ladies from the hallway, "Come down, Amay Dada has come."

*

"Amay, please say you're not kidding me," Sanjana said with joy.

"No Tai, I'm not kidding and I can't, the reports say there are 90% chances for Mira to get back her eye-sight," he said and looked towards Mira, "I've also talked to the doctor, they're saying that Mira will soon be able to see the world."

"Thank you so much, Dada," Asmita said and hugged him, "you don't know how much big happiness you've given to us," she sobbed.

"Ayee, Ashu, don't cry," Amay said and wiped Asmita's tears with his handkerchief, Asmita wiped her tears and hugged Amay, "Easy, Ashu, easy."

"You don't know the level of my happiness," Asmita said and detached herself from Amay.

"Um, when can we have the surgery performed?" Naina asked.

"Well, we need to go to some foreign country for the surgery," Amay said.

"No, let it be," Mira disapproved quickly, "I'm ok like this," she said and turned.

"MIRAAA!" Amay yelled for the first time at Mira, "What the hell are you saying?"

"What else?" Mira turned and said with a firm voice, "huh, tell me, how will I leave my job at The Franco's, huh, Ashu's exams, and moreover, I can't afford my treatment in any country other than India, even India has become costly," she said and started to go.

"Mira," Amay followed her and grabbed her right arm, "listen to me, Mira, you don't need to worry about your treatment, I'm here."

"No, Amay," Mira said softly detaching Amay's hand, "I-I can't take it from you."

"Mira, you're mine," Amay said placing his palm on Mira's shoulder, "whatever is mine is yours, what I earn it's only for you."

"But.." Mira started.

"No, I want to do this for my love," Amay chuckled, "not for you ok?"

"Fine, do what you want," Mira said and hugged Amay, "I..."

"Achooo, Achoo," Asmita faked a sneeze, "Mira Tai, I'm going."

"I'm also going with Ashu, maybe she needs me," Naina said awkwardly and started to go.

"What will I do here," Sanjana said and moved and Amay and Mira laughed.

***