Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One: The Begining of the Place Life

..

Three months later

( The Capital of Ravaryn - Donorion -)

The Royal Palace

When the trees have almost cried their last golden tears for the passing of the warm season, glossy on the rain-washed ground, winter is at hand

When the trees have almost cried their last golden tears for the passing of the warm season, glossy on the rain-washed ground, winter is at hand. The sky is of rolling clouds, a thousand greys from deep to pale. In the morning half-light the evergreens are blackish-green silhouettes and the snowy mountain peaks behind them are every child's winter dream. 

Not so far, a Castle was seen, It was bold on the grey beyond. It stood there as if conjured from the storybook of a child. It was perfect. Little kids imagined beautiful princesses and their horses, green gardens, and unicorns in the courtyard, because if those towers could exist, why not

Every stone was even and square as if those who built were set on perfection as if they really loved what they made. They were walls made to protect a community, to echo with laughter, and be the shelter they needed for the millennia to come.

The Castle was The West Royal Palace.

The West Palace had been the seat of good monarchs and bad, for it was not the walls that made it royal yet the quality of the heart within. It had become a place for the people to talk about what mattered to the community and how to create a more healthy nation. It is the home of the 26th Emperor of the Realm of Ravarayn, King Karl Johann Ravaryn. He became emperor at the age of twenty three, the youngest in history. King Karl was and still a man of power and talent, he stood out as the crown prince at a younger age despite having an older brother. 

The previous Emperors made it clear that the one who shows talent, courage, bravery, and a strong will to lead the Realm to rise is the one to be chosen to take the throne not the firstborn son of the king. But, it's always a decision made by the current Emperor.