Born to Be Eaten

It hurts;

The burden of being swallowed.

The nutrients I supply are tangled in wire.

Spitting them back up would be right but;

I was born to be eaten.

Today I'm selfish so tomorrow;

Come along with me.

Please bear it;

To be served among trash,

To satisfy its hunger.

-

Darkness remained as any traces of light had departed hours ago, leaving the moon to hide its face behind passing clouds. Headlights enveloped the parking lot via the typical sea of bikes, as the First Division lingered around well after their meeting ended talking of; this school and that gang.

But you'd hold off on those conversations for another day; you had more important things in mind.

"Chifuyu! What does this say?"

Whipping out a piece of paper that depicted an abundance of poorly scribbled lines, you looked up to the vice-captain with an utterly serious demeanor.

"These are... words?"

Chifuyu stared at the paper as his brow furrowed in sheer bewilderment.

"Not you too."

You exhaled feeling deflated after the unending interrogation you'd put every member of your squad through. You did your best to mimic writing you'd seen depicted on an envelope from a few days prior; you'd gotten just about the same reaction from everyone.

Your penmanship was illegible—.

Ah well, onto the next problem.

"I don't know what to do."

"About?"

"Mr. Sanzu's birthday's coming up and, well... I need cash!"

"Is this your way of asking me for money?"

Chifuyu's asked as his befuddlement continued to grow.

"Pocket change won't do Chifuyu, but thanks for the offer."

"It wasn't really an offer..."

"Mr. Sanzu always finds us jobs, I'm super lost right now, so... ya got any ideas?"

The Vice Captian paused for a moment before rattling off the first thing that came to mind.

"You're good at cleaning right? Why not try that."

"I see but... who'll give me money for that?

"You can try asking your neighbors."

"Smart as always, thanks a bunch Chifuyu!"

"Anytime...?"

Fired up from the possibility of reeling in some cash, you were out of the parking lot in record time.

A fatal fuck up.

-

"This blows, this blows, this blows." You cursed your empty pockets wishing by some miracle a phone would spawn, continuing to wander this road and that.

Dim street lights flickered overhead revealing the same old sight; an empty sidewalk that never seemed to end. Looking to the ground you observed the cracks polluting the concrete, concluding that they were unfamiliar to you.