Cosmic connection

Calebs pov

"Just be safe dude. Try not to make eye contact with the corpses." Pride patted me on the back and gave a wary look, telling me to be careful with his eyes.

"Look who your talking to, of course i won't be safe. But that's the fun of it right?" I cheekily smiled and swallowed down my nerves.

"Yeah yeah, I'll see you soon. Good luck. "

I nodded and turned around, we were standing at the waterfall. I took a deep breath and started walking underneath the fall. Of course, I got soaked. But the water was actually pretty refreshing. Even though my anxiety was peaking again I pushed it deep down and replaced it with the hope of seeing Rory again.

Once I had walked through the water I found myself in a forest. The trees were all dead and black. The air had a 'spooky' energy and the sky was a dark green. There was dust flakes flying all around me. All I can say is that this was creepy as hell man.

I walked forward a couple yards and found myself at a doorway. Literally just a door. There was nothing behind it and nothing around it. There was moss growing all around it and the handle oozed something gooey. I took yet another deep breath and walked towards the door to open it.

When I touched the handle I got immediate goosebumps, I felt a gust of wind push past me.

I walked through the door into a nightmare wasteland. There were distant screams, laughing, and the world seemed to be in black and white. Nervously, I let go of the door handle and walked fully into the forbidden. The door slammed shut.

I saw a glowing light blue oval in the distance. I knew that was where I had to go to see my girl again. I walked, slowly. Making sure of my surroundings.

I reached the 'portal' and stopped to take a breath. I still am in disbelief that I can do this. Well, illegally but- still.

I suddenly felt myself being pushed by strong sharp hands into the portal. My vision went completely white and I was kind of in between unconscious and awake.

~~~~

I opened my eyes and I heard distant talking, I saw wires and white walls. When I finally got knocked back into my senses I realized I was in the hospital. I was confused until I remembered something from that super old book pride read to me. 'You'll respawn from AfterLife in the last place you were before you died, your dead body will be missing.'

I walked or basically floated out of the hospital room. I went to the place my heart led me to. It seems like after you die, you have like a cosmic connection to like literally everything in a way? It's weird but I'm getting more used to it I think.

I floated to school, understanding that it was about lunch time. I went into the lunch room, my heart rocketed. I knew Rory was close to me. I couldn't stop smiling, I had butterflies in my stomach, and you could basically say that love was radiating off of my ghostly body.

I walked towards our old table and saw Rory sitting with Mia and mason, and another boy.

Another boy?? No.

I see him say something and the table erupt in laughter. Rory leans into him and looks up at him with dreamy eyes.

They all look so happy.

Without me.

I feel betrayal and pain shoot throughout my body.

I feel as if I have been stabbed in the back.

Your too late Caleb.

She already moved on.

It was always fucking her. Always. Since the moment I saw her. I knew.

I wish I just fucking stopped being a pussy and told her.

Of course she's moved on.

It's had to have been, what, 3, 4 months?

No.

I wont give up on her.

I would do anything for my best friend. I'd go through space and time. I would run myself to the point of nothingness. I would fucking eat pickles, or watch a rom-com, or paint my nails pink. I would do anything.

I would do anything just to see her laugh at my stupid jokes, or smack me when I say something dirty. When she blushed when I complemented her. Just to braid her hair, to help her with her outfits, to have her sleepover my house after she gets kicked out, to have her cry into my arms, to make her feel better.

Her smile. Her laugh. Her dimples. The green and gold flakes in her ocean eyes. Her skin. Her touch. Her voice.

I cant live without her.

Shit, I cant even die without her.