Past

1 Year Ago Today: 1989

I couldn't believe it. A loser like me was dating the most popular guy at school. Well... We technically weren't dating you see, we have been hooking up for about 3 months now— and he said that he'd break up with his girlfriend for me. Although he's said that 2 months ago— you see he's dating Daniella West! The most wretched girl in school, maybe the town even. Joel tells me all these stories about he loathes her but he just won't break up with her.

My thoughts were interrupted as Joel walked back into the room. He noticed me staring at him and looked confused. "Hey, Destiny." He smiled with his perfect pearly whites shining. "I'm back." He walked back over to me on the bed and started kissing me. I kissed back before pushing away slowly. "Wait... Joel." He looked up at me confused. "What's wrong?"

"I just..." I looked at him with sadness in my eyes. "I think we should talk about us." He paused for a second. "Us?"
"Yes 'Us'" I responded. "What do you mean?" He replied. "I just... You keep saying you'll break up with her."

He leaned in and tried to kiss me again before I pushed him away. "I'm serious, Joel! When are you gonna break up with Daniella?!" I yelled at him.

"Destiny..." He said sighing with a smile on his face. "How long are you gonna keep using me like this? Using me as your doormat?" I crossed my arms, anger showing on my face. "Destiny... What made you think you're that special?" He said with a now serious look on his face. "Now get up, slut. Get out of my house." He got up and turned, walking out of the room door.

Present Time: 1990

I stared at Joel, the memories of last year flashing in my mind as he wrapped his arms around Daniella's waist. She saw me looking, and started kissing on his neck while giving me the side-eye. They've been dating for 3 years now. I look away at my shoes quickly. Fuck. I walk into the front doors of the huge school. Arcton High School displayed on a huge sign.

I walked to my locker and opened it, putting my backpack in, and taking books I needed in my arms. When I took my English book out my locker slammed in my face. I turned to see Daniella standing right next to me, staring into my soul. She had her two minions behind her. One named Ally, the other Katrina. Ally was a short blonde-haired blue-eyed girl, while Katrina was a tall red-haired green-eyed girl who looked like a model. Ah shit. Here we go again.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Daniella said with a smirk on her face.

"What do you want, West?" I said, rolling my eyes. "It's the first day of school, give me a break."

"How do you feel that Joel's back into my arms now, slut?" She crossed her arms."

I don't know why she called me a slut. I lost my virginity to Joel after all— and I never got with anyone else since.
"I can't believe that you're bragging about dating a cheater." I rolled my eyes. "You're proud that you got your piece of shit boyfriend back after he was screwing me for 90 days or so under your nose?" I smirked.

I saw Daniella roll her eyes. "Bitch" she said as she started walking past me. Her minions followed, Ally opening her mouth to say something to me. "Slut." She snickered as she walked away.

God. This is gonna be a hard year.

7/10/21