why me?

Tony was currently in the lab working on a new suit. He had been working on it for 2 days now. Surviving off coffee, breakfast bars, little to no sleep and, of course, worried complaints. Just as any other day, Pepper would come in, ask him to come out of the lab and have a decent meal with the others. He never said yes, never even looked in her direction, all he ever said was, "I'll come down later" but he never did.

Just as Tony was about to get another cup of coffee, Steve, Thor, and Bruce walked into the lab. Worried, Steve walked over to Tony and placed his hand on the smaller male's shoulder. "Tony, you need a break! you can't keep doing this to yourself!" the look that Tony gave Steve was a look of pure annoyance. The only people who he trusted enough to touch him was Bruce, Peter, and Stephen. So he was obviously pissed about the sudden contact.

Tony proceeded to look at Bruce, mouthing the words: "get him off of me..." Bruce hated seeing Tony look lifeless and angry. It took him back to when they were kids and Tony would come to his house soaking wet from rain or sweat, or cold from the winter weather. Crying because of his nightmares, his life, insults from other people, and disapproving glares. His dad was always out, his mom was stuck handling the company, and his sister, well, she was either always out studying at her girlfriends house or keeping track of the company's finances for her parents. Tony had grown used to being ignored, shouted at, pushed around, emotionally and physically vulnerable. He never had anyone to talk to so he kept-and still keeps-everything pent up inside of him.

Bruce could hear the commotion that was going on upstairs, it sounded like Sam and Bucky. Those two never stopped fighting for Steve's attention, they only stopped when they both got knocked upside the head by Wanda or Natasha. This was the perfect excuse!

"Bucky and Sam are fighting again. You might wanna go get them before they break something..." Bruce had said to Steve.

Bruce wasn't entirely wrong though, Sam and Bucky were indeed arguing, arguing over who gets to hang out with Steve. Steve knowing that they might start a war, headed towards the common area.

Tony was still annoyed at the disturbance as he walked around his work table to pick up a fallen screw driver.  He looked at Bruce, then at Thor who was just standing awkwardly in the doorway. Tony knew something was up so he decided to break the awkward silence " Hey, Point break, you alright?". Thor jumped at the mentioning of his name. "Man of iron, I have a request", Bruce knowing what's about to happen walked out of the lab and headed towards the kitchen.

"What is it?" Tony said while making his way towards his tools. Thor followed like a lost puppy, " Well, my brother-" before Thor could finish tony cut him off "Reindeer games? What about him?" Thor, becoming annoyed, looked at Tony and continued what he was saying "my brother has to spend the rest of his punishment here on midgaurd..."

Tony was completely caught off guard he stammered until he could get a full sentence out "Princess is here on earth?!". Thor did not know how to handle this, so he just backed up a bit.

"My brother is indeed here on earth, I was wondering if he could stay here in the tower?" He saids in a suggestive voice. Hoping the shorter man would at least give it a chance.

Tony, knowing damn well that Loki threw him out a FUCKING WINDOW, just stared at Thor and said the word that the latter did not want to hear:

"No"

Thor got emotional and that resulted in him begging. " Please, Stark, My brother Didn't mean to cause new York, it's not entirely his fault, let him stay here. Just give him a month, that's all I'm asking. If he does something that could cause potential harm to any human then feel free to kick him out!" Tony had never seen Thor like this; kneeling on the ground, begging a human while on the verge of tears. Tony turned away and crossed his arms.

"God's are to not kneel or cry to those who are inferior to them... Stand up and wipe your face, someone like yourself should not show any sort of vulnerable emotion to a mortal like me."

After Thor calmed down Tony looked him dead in the eyes, " One month. If he happens to show any sort of threat against humanity, I will not hesitate to hand him over to Shield, do you understand?"

Thor, delighted to hear Tony's answer, squeezed the smaller male almost to the point where he couldn't breath. "THANK YOU MAN OF IRON!!!! I WILL BE BACK WITH MY BROTHER TOMORROW!" And with that Thor left.

"Why me?" Is the last thing Tony said before collapsing onto his bed and drifting off to sleep.