Chapter 1

Although you figured you'd never be able to relate to such a woman as the legendary Miyuki from your grandmother's tales, you couldn't help but compare yourself to the girl. The man who introduced himself as Nanami Kento, a jujutsu sorcerer from Tokyo, was no demon set on whisking you away, but an angel.

        The mysterious man gave off quite the professional vibe, which told you that your issue was nothing more than a job to him. Nonetheless, you were forever grateful for the man who saved your life. Conversely, he was the same man who changed your life.

        Not even a day after Nanami had expelled what he called "curses" from your home, he had convinced you to pack away all your earthly possessions and move to a school in Tokyo. As shops, homes, trees, and cars whisked past your window, you felt a sense of nervousness. Miyuki may have wanted to leave her home, but you didn't. 

        Nanami's car pulled to a stop at a red light, and a particularly nasty image caught your eye. Sitting by her lonesome on a bench was a pretty woman. Beauty aside, the real nasty image was the grotesque creature hovering over her shoulder. You pressed yourself up to the glass to peer at the woman in worry. 

        "That's a grade four curse. Leave her be," the monotone voice of Nanami spoke. 

        You leaned back to your seat but still didn't take your eyes off the woman. A guilty feeling crept up to your chest over not helping the stranger. 

        "So these...."

        "Curses," the man said.

        "These curses just happen every day?"

        "Yes. Curses are a manifestation of humans' negative emotions."

        "Are they harmful?"

        "Yes, that is why we jujutsu sorcerers exist. We use cursed energy to exorcise cursed spirits."

        "And these sorcerers study at the Tokyo...Jujutsu Curse...Metropolitan Technical College," You asked slowly, pausing occasionally to make sure your words were correct.

        The blonde man nodded, having had enough of the questions.

        "Then why am I going to this school?" 

        "You have an immense amount of uncontrolled cursed energy and you need to learn to either control it or use it effectively."

        "But I don't have whatever this cursed energy thing is. I'm just a student. I go to school, do my club activities, go home, do my homework, sleep, eat, and repeat. I've never seen these creatures or heard of cursed energy in my life," You protested.

        "You made that crater didn't you?" And just like that, you were silenced.

        "Not on purpose," You mumbled quietly. 

        The rest of the ride was silent as Nanami was not the talkative type. It was surprising that he even spoke with you in the first place. The man was shockingly curt for someone part of such a complicated society. You supposed it was a good thing for you spent the car ride staring out the car window at all the towns and places you'd never seen before.

        "We're here," Nanami finally announced after pulling up to the side of the campus. 

        You couldn't find any other words to describe the school but "huge". There were several large traditional Japanese buildings sprawled all over the place, and well-maintained walkways and even bridges connected them all. You'd never seen an establishment this big at home.