prologue

Your pov

(9 years ago)
You were playing quietly on the lone grassy hill situated 5 minutes from your home your ( h/l) (h/c) hair swaying gently in the warm summer wind. A sudden noise snapped you out of your thoughts. You then felt a spectrum of pain erupt from left arm. You screamed at the burst of pain emitting from your arm. The pain eventually lessened and you where left with a slight throbbing. You looked out from atop your hill and saw the sun starting to set giving an array of colours from reds and oranges to blues and purples, the sight was beautiful to the 6 year old you but everything changed when you saw hundreds of small cat like ghosts floating through the darkening sky. After seeing so many of the small creatures flowing with the wind you were terrified questions ran through your mind, 'what are they?','Where did they come from?'and ' what did they want'. You sprinted home to your mother hopping she would understand what was happening, you ran past the large oak Trees and shrubs. you saw your house in the distance, panting heavily you made it to your front door throwing it open and slamming it behind you alerting your mother to your presence. She quickly came down the stairs to see you. As she leaped in to the room she was stunned to see you in such a dishevelled state, your denim shorts where covered in mud your pink top was torn your (h/l) ( h/c) was a mess, your mum then ran to you picking up your frail 6 year old body.
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! are you okay what happened" your mother spoke frightened for your health.
"Mummy i was in pain a-and then there where m-monsters and m-mommy whats going on" you whimpered stuttering. Your mother looked at you worilied before telling you something that you would remember for the rest of your life
"(Y/N) You don't need to be afraid you can see things that almost no one else can I will teach you how to understand them they are demons but they are not evil so calm down and let me explain" she spoke with caution trying not to scare you. She then continued "I used to be an exorcist so I learnt a lot about demons, i will teach you everything I know so that you will never be afraid my sweet daughter but for now sleep I will wake you up for tea and we can tell daddy you can see the demons now" after your mother mentioning sleep you yawned loudly causing your mother to laugh and pick you up and take you to your blue and white bedroom, after laying you under the quilt she kissed your for head and left turning off the light behind her. You then nodded off peacefully not realising that, that would be the last time you ever saw your mother.