𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩

𝖱𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗌𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝖻𝗒: @𝗍𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗒013

"I can't believe we actually agreed to do this" JJ groaned from beside me as we both sat at the front of the bus. We both had headaches from the loud screaming kids behind us.

"Me either" I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder. Our six-year-old daughter, Lily, had a field trip to see a children's movie at the movie theater today and JJ and I had volunteered to chaperone the class of kids since no other parents wanted to. However, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.

"This is gonna be a long day" He whispered, rubbing circles on his temples from the migraine he had.

I sighed, closing my eyes to try to go to sleep on the ride to the theater but that was impossible from all the shouting and yelling.

After about five long minutes of tolerating the loud noises, JJ finally had enough.

"Hey!" He stood up, turning around to the kids behind us. The bus immediately went dead silent at his booming voice. "Would you all just shut up for five minutes? That's all I'm asking"

The blonde immediately sunk back down into our seat with a sigh of relief. I smiled at him for finally giving us some peace. The rest of the ride to the movie theater was quiet, no one daring to say a word after JJ had got onto them. I didn't blame them, being six years old I would've been scared too. JJ's harsh tone could scare anybody.

Once we arrived, we hopped off the bus the kids all cheering in excitement. We entered the building, not having to pay for anyone but ourselves cause the school had already paid for everything. Thank god.

JJ and I stood in the lobby, waiting for all the kids to get their snacks and drinks.

"That popcorn smells really good" I proclaimed, taking in a good whiff of the air that smelt like butter and salt.

"Yeah, I know" JJ agreed, his eyes boring at the machine full of the yellow snack.

"Hey, Lily!" He suddenly shouted, pointing at our daughter who quickly twirled around to face us. The blonde curled his fingers, motioning for her to come to him.

Once she had run over to us, JJ kneeled down to our kid's level as he pulled out his wallet. "I'll pay you a dollar if you jump that line and get me a bag of popcorn. Make it a large, okay?"

Lily grinned ear to ear as JJ handed her enough money for a large bag of buttery popcorn. She ran back over to the concessions and passed everyone that was waiting in line. JJ smiled proudly at his parenting skills as I shook my head at his actions.

"You're a terrible parent" I claimed as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Me? A terrible parent? Pfff" JJ said, rolling his eyes. "She's doing her daddy a favor unlike some people"

His eyes landed on me and a smirk played on his lips, letting me know what he was referring to.

"JJ!" I raised my voice as I smacked the back of his head and he chuckled.

"Here ya go" the soft sound of our daughter's voice interrupted us as she held up the bag of popcorn JJ had asked for.

"Thanks, sweetie, you're the best" He smiles down at her as he took the bag and gave her a dollar in exchange.

Once everyone had got everything they wanted from the concession, JJ had gathered everyone up before we headed to see the movie.

"Alright, everyone listens up closely" JJ announced, making all the kids put their attention on him.  "I don't want a single word out of any of you. If you gotta take a piss or a shit then go, you don't need-"

I nudged his arm giving him a "really?" look. Did he even realize he was talking to six-year-olds who didn't know better and would repeat after him?

"What?" He mouthed to me, shaking his head.

"As I was saying if you gotta go to the bathroom then go, you don't need my permission and if you spill your popcorn, you're eating it off the floor cause we don't leave messes, ka pheesh?" He continued, making me almost snort from trying to contain my laughter.

Everyone nodded their head as I tried my best to prevent the laughter that JJ had caused from the way he talked to the kids.

"Alright, go ahead" He commanded and the students began running into the theater.

"You are so mean to them" I laughed, interlocking my hand with his as we followed after the excited kids.

"Yeah—wait shit, c'mon, we gotta get the top seats" JJ blurted out, giving me bulging eyes as he tugged at my hand to pull me into the theater, past the children who we probably knocked over. As we jumped up at the stairs in a hurry to reach the top before anyone else did, JJ spilled some of the popcorn onto the floor. Finally, we made it to the very top center, having the big screen directly in front of us.

"Mr. Maybank!" A young voice suddenly shouted from below us.

"What?" JJ answered, already popping pieces of popcorn in his mouth.

"You spilled your popcorn which means you have to eat it off the floor" the child voiced with a little laugh the followed after.

JJ gave the six-year-old a middle finger that I quickly pushed down so it was out of everyone's view.

"You cannot chaperone kids ever again" I whispered to the blonde beside me and he nodded his head in agreement.