- t w o -

Almost immediately, Eve's eyes lock onto a face that seems eerily familiar

Woah. No way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Eve feels a smile creep onto her face as she looks at the girl with faded pink hair. It's been a while since they've talked, but the smile that Niki sends back makes it feel like it's been no time at all. Snapping out of her thoughts, Eve hears Austin's booming voice in her headset.

"Eve, welcome to Love or Host! Above your head, which you probably can't see, is a timer that is ticking down. That timer is counting down to the end of the round, which is when you will DM me who you want to eliminate. Then there will be a bottom 3, and that person will be eliminated. We will repeat that process until we get to the end, where you choose your winner."

As Austin explains the rules, butterflies start to fill eve's stomach. Looking at all the friends and fellow creators on her screen, it start's to set in that she may actually find love, or a real friendship. That is, until Austin starts his next sentence.

"Now, could be happily ever after, or not! Before the show, every single one of these people had an opportunity to choose love, and had an opportunity to choose host. If, at the end of the show, you choose someone who chose love, it is happily ever after." A smile takes over eve's face, as she crosses her fingers for the camera to see.

"If, however, you chose someone who chose host, you will end the show loveless." Eve's face turns into a fake pout, and she gives a double thumbs down to the camera while trying, unsuccessfully, to hold back her laughter.

"So, Eve, do you think you'll find love? or do you think you'll be hosted?"

"Ummm, I hope I'll find love! but if not, I'd like to think that I'll make a good friend no matter what!" Eve giggled, scanning her eyes along the contestants on her screen.

"Well I think that was a great answer, and I think you'll do great! Now, Let's meet the contestants." Austin sends her an encouraging smile as he switches the view to include all of the contestants, as well as Eve.

"Now, Starting with Eve, Introduce yourselves!" Austin says with a smile, letting Eve take the floor.

"Hello! my name is Eve, or @everestless on social media. I am 20 years old, I love music, and I am hoping to find love today!" Eve gives a small wave while introducing herself, earning a few waves from each of the contestants back, making her blush. Then, the contestants started to introduce themselves, one by one.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hi! My name is Wilbur Soot. I'm a musician, a streamer, a youtuber, I'm from the Dream Smp, and I can't wait to hopefully add a new friend to my collection." Wilbur smiled as he talked, and gave a small wave to his camera at the end of his introduction.