New Faces (Pre-Cannon)

Isen...

He was strong for a first year, an elite tier to be exact.

But she was a 4.4 while he was only a 3.6

It was an easy win, he didn't stand a chance against Cecile.

"Alright, Cecile you are the new press head, Isen you are the co-head."

She could hear Isen sigh in relief.  The old press head had made them fight.  If Cecile lost, she would be kicked off the press team.  If she won, then she would be the new press head while Isen would be the co-head

So there they were, in the middle of the turf war fields.  Isen was beat up, shaking on his legs while trying not to move his broken arms.  Though he was in obvious pain, he was rather happy with his new position.  He didn't want press head in the first place, and he couldn't go against Merrie, so it was understandable.  But Cecile did find it weird how someone could stay so happy after being beat.

-

After Elaine healed them, the four of them get on the train back to Wellston. 

Merrie had taken a seat next to Elaine, while Isen and Cecile sat on the opposite side of them. 

 Elaine was doodling in a sketchbook that she had brought and Merrie was listening to music, leaving Cecile and Isen in an awkward silence.

"So... you're Cecile, right?"

She nodded, not bothering to face Isen.

"I know you already know my name, but I'm Isen."

Through the corner of her eye she saw him put his hand out for a handshake.  Finally turning to face him, she returned the gesture.  

-

"Man, this year really flew by. Can't believe it's almost summer!"

Cecile nodded quietly, not taking her eyes off the draft she was reviewing.  

Instead, she was thinking about how her second year was wildly different from her first.

The hierarchy was set back in place, she had became a 4.5 and the press head...

And Isen had joined the press team.

He had changed it from a serious work place to a far more acceptable area in the school.

There had been multiple times where he had let other members let their friends in, and there was this one time he had ignored a low tier that had rushed in instead of shoo-ing them off.  He made sure that people felt welcome, and would let members take breaks.

In short, it was far different from when he wasn't around.

But she wasn't complaining

Cecile had never enjoyed the press room before, the atmosphere was cold and made her uncomfortable.

But now...

Well she liked it now, 

She would even go as far as to call it her favorite place in the school now.

-...-

This is the introduction chapter!  Most of this book will be set before all the chaos that came with John having his ability revealed.  But some chapters, especially the first few, will be set around how Isen joined the press.  Also some chapters will be set during the king john/joker arcs.
For anyone wondering, Merrie is the old press head who made Isen and Cecile fight.