ℕ𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕆𝕧𝕖𝕣

"𝐺-𝑔𝑜 𝐿𝑒-𝑜𝑛." 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑙𝑦.

"𝑌/𝑁. 𝑁𝑜! 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒."

"𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑒-𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜-𝑜-𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒-𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖-𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑚𝑒. 𝐺-𝑔𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝐴𝑠ℎ-𝑙𝑒𝑦 𝑎-𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑜𝑓 𝑡-𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠𝑙-𝑎𝑛𝑑. 𝑃-𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛." 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑜. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑖𝑒.

"𝑌/𝑁. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦."

"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑-𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑗𝑜𝑏, 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛. 𝐵-𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑛. 𝑁-𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑔𝑜 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛." 𝑌𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑑 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑.

𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛 𝑟𝑢𝑏𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑟𝑎𝑛. 𝐻𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.

𝑆𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘.
---------------------------

"Hey there, Leon!"

"Goodmorning, Cassandra."

"You here for the files?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh! Did you hear about the new girl?"

"I did actually! When is she supposed to be coming in?"

"Anytime now."

"Hey ma'am. Sorry I'm late. Traffic." The voice sounded familiar.

"Right down the hall fourth room."

"Thank you, ma'am."

Cassandra handed me the files. I went the same way the girl went. I followed behind her.

"Hey, sorry I'm late."

"It's all good, ma'am.  Sit down and tell us your experience."

The girl started.

"Well, it was a mission I was assigned on. I saw death flash before my eyes. I had made it through the whole mission and at the very end I got stabbed by the enemy. I was laying there for what felt like hours. I was in and out of consciousness. It was my teammates first day on the job. I wanted him to make it out of there more than me. I have no clue what ever happened to him but I love to think he made it out."

The story sounded familiar. I raised my head up to look at the speaker.
----------------
Y/N POV

The room listen closely. The memories all came back. I had put the whole thing aside. I would love to know what happened to Leon.

One of the people raised his head.

"Y/N?"

I jerked my head to look at the voice.

I was looking at the thing I thought was gone. I was frozen. The hell we went through that day. The day that we thought we had said goodbye forever ran through my head.

"Leon."

The both of you stared into each other's eyes. He wasn't dead. He made it out.
-------------------

You both stood in the hallway looking eachother up and down.

Leon's leg were weak. He looked like he was about to puke.

"Leon. You're alive. You made it out?"

"I thought- you were gone. Y/N your supposed to be dead!"

"But I'm not."

Leon looked me up and down. He smashed his body around mine and tied his arms around my waist. It was a dream wasn't it?

"I would have been looking for you, if I knew. It's three years, Y/N."

"I'll never forget that mission, Leon. You had balls. It was tour first day and you treated it like you were a natural."

"You taught me."

"Yes a did."

Leon released his grasp.

"How'd you make it out?"

"Right before the island went down an airplane came and rescued me. They took me to a hospital.Waited for me to recover. Learn how to walk and speak properly again. Then I came back to work for the agency."

Leon was staring into my soul.

"Y/N. I'm in love with you."

I was- shocked.

"Leon. I thought you were dead for three years, you turn out to be alive, and you love me?"

"On the mission. You cared. When we were on the brink of death, which was more than once, you were the one to put your life on the life. When your lifeless body was laying there bleeding, on me and the cold pavement, you let me, ME, live! You are the reason I stayed. I made it my priority to live your legacy. I have dreamt for you to come back. Here you are!"

Truth be told I had a crush on him too. I never found myself to be the dateable type, or hot, or skinny. The list could go on.

"I love you too."

Leon turned back to me and lifted me up. He stared into my bright eyes.

"God, how I have missed you."

---------------------
word count 725

date: July 20, 2021