Chapter 9 Death City Under Fire

So for this chapter I am going to try a different style of writing and see if it turns out any better. Please comment at the end to tell me if it sounds better. Also until I can figure out how to make the timelines match from the last chapter to this, please accept my flaw...

Night had fallen upon Death City like a blanket being stretched across the sky. The moon was shining brightly through the academy windows. Everyone was home for the night except two people, Stein and Sid. Walking down the dark halls of the academy the moonlight hitting them as they passed the windows. Both seemed to be heading somewhere in quite a hurry, the sound of their footsteps echoed in the empty halls. Neither of them spoke until they reached Sid's office. Sid unlocked the door and Stein walked in, even though the academy was closed for the night Sid looked around to make sure they weren't being followed then walked inside and closed the door behind him.

Stein had sat down in the only rolling chair in the office and wheeled himself over to the desk. Sid walked over and sat at his desk and moved some books he had set off to the side and placed them in front of him. 

"Well first things first... What are we going to do about the witch?" Stein asked Sid while he combed through one of the books.

"There isn't much we can do until the witch shows up again, even then we still need to come up with a plan to confine the witch in either Augustine's body or some other way. We don't even know if Augustine is still inside or if the witch has consumed his soul." Stein replied adjusting his glasses.

Sid stopped on a page in the book he was leafing through. 

"Well it says here that the witch that is currently residing in Augustine's body, can only leave if there is another soul in the area that is weaker than its current host. Meaning it will keep searching for weaker and weaker souls until it finds one it can take over completely." Sid stopped and looks at Stein. "Judging by the power he had used against me that day in the classroom I want to say that it was all Augustine, with the being said I don't think that Augustine will be the witch's last stop."

"I also don't think the witch will just go to any ordinary body either. It will be looking for another weapon host. This means our first years here at the academy are at risk for possession unless we start working with them as soon as possible." Stein turned the screw in his head as he thought for a moment. The sound of the screw clicking echoed in the small room "Well in order for that to work we must talk with the other teachers here, to make sure everyone is on the same page with the plan. However we must find a place where we can discuss this with the other teachers, since we don't know if someone else would be listening ---"

Just then Stein jumped up out of the rolling chair and made his way over to the door, quickly unlocking it and swinging it open. He darted out in the hall and started looking around, Sid followed closely behind. 

"I am not even sure if this is even the best place to conduct these meetings." Stein said still standing in the middle of the hall. 

Suddenly loud explosions are heard from outside the academy, the blasts were enough to rock the ground. Stein and Sid both rushed outside, standing at the top of the grand stairway they looked out over the city and see smoke, dirt and debris rising up in the air. 

"It looks like we won't have to wait long for the witch to show his face." Sid said looking over at the smoke rising from the center of town.

Both Stein and Sid rushed to the scene to find out if anyone was hurt in the explosions, but by the time they got there a crowd had already gathered like moths to a flame. They pushed their way through the crowd and saw that a two story building had collapsed. Chatter from the crowd grew louder as everyone was wondering what had happened. Stein began to sense a soul inside the rubble and started to remove the debris as quickly as he could, Sid soon followed in removing the fallen building. Stein moved a few more large pieces of building when he noticed a hand then an arm..