Regrets?

Y/N's POV :
The next day had finally come and I was tired. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Namjoon tried cuddling me but that didn't help.

Am I really gonna turn in my own mother?

She did murder my friend.

Well technically Melissa did.

Ugh Melissa.

I wish I had a normal life.

Why did I come here in the first place?

I wouldn't have met Namjoon though.

And the thinking went on and on until I felt Namjoon starting to slowly move around in his sleep. He then woke up and turned to me.

-,,Good morning Y/N" he said in a deep, raspy morning voice.

Good morning? What time was it?

-,,Good morning" I answered and placed a kiss on his forehead. ,,What time is it?"

He turned around and checked his phone, which was laying on the night table on his side.

-,,It's actually pretty early" he answered and put the phone down. ,,It's 7:47"

-,,Okay, did Jimin say when he'd be here?" I asked.

-,,I'm the afternoon" Namjoon answered and pulled me in for a hug. ,,We still have a bit of time for ourselves". I giggled at his cute action and we cuddled for some time.

Time skip

We decided to get out of bed at 10:05. I took a shower first, and then Namjoon went after me and we just did our usual morning routine. Namjoon made us some coffee and pancakes for breakfast and we just chatted and enjoyed our breakfast while we waited for Jimin.

-,,I hope everything's okay" Namjoon said and sipped on his coffee.

-,,Prepare to be shocked my dear" I said smiling yet deep inside I wasn't feeling happiness. I only felt stress and fear. Then a knock was heard on the door and Namjoon stood up to open it.

-,,Why don't you just ring the doorbell?" Namjoon asked and let Jimin in.

-,,Knocking is cooler" Jimin answered and sat down in front of me. ,,Hello" he then said neutrally.

I took a deep breath in and slowly let it out.

-,,I'm gonna be straightforward, okay?" I told them both as my eyes gazed from side to side to both of their faces. Both of them nodded.

-,,My mother is the one behind all of this. She hired Melissa to harass me so I would feel scared here in Korea so that I could come home" I told them. ,,She didn't mean for anyone to get killed but Melissa killed Hoshiko as a bonus and she is willing to confess and turn my mother in if she doesn't get into too much trouble".

-,,Wow" Jimin said and blinked his eyes a couple of times. ,,That's a lot to take in at such short notice" he joked. I looked at Namjoon who had a shocked expression on his face.

-,,How do you know all of this? Namjoon asked.

-,,I met up with Melissa a couple of days ago and she told me everything" I answered, tears running down my face.

-,,She might be lying" Jimin said.

-,,Yesterday, my mom called and she confessed to what she did. She said she missed me too much and just really wanted me home" I sniffled.

Namjoon's mouth opened in shock.

-,,That's crazy! She's a psychopath! Who would go that far to get their child back home?" Namjoon raised his voice.

-,,No no that's actually really smart" Jimin said getting a weird look from Namjoon. ,,She just wanted to scare her kid a little so the kid would come back running to their mommy but it didn't go as planned. Now a girl is dead because of her selfish actions".

-,,I don't know what to do" I said and hugged Namjoon. He embraced me and started rubbing my back slowly in a circular motion.

-,,Well, we're gonna need Melissa to come confess at the station but I can't say how many years she gets" Jimin explained. ,,I know I shouldn't be saying this but she could come confess and then run away".

-,,Helping the criminal huh? What a great detective you are mr. Park" Namjoon scoffed annoyed.

-,,It's our best option right now" Jimin hissed. ,,You got any better ideas?" 

Namjoon didn't answer. He sucked his cheeks in and clenched his jaw out of spite but he stayed quiet.

-,,Y/N, darling" Jimin said softly and grabbed my hand. ,,Is there any way you could possibly call Melissa and tell her to meet up with me privately?"

-,,I suppose I could" I answered and grabbed my phone. I sent Melissa a text message about Jimin wanting to talk to her and she just replied with a "ok".

What a psychopath I thought to myself.

-,,Great thank you. Now you guys will stay here for a couple of days more and I'll talk to Melissa. Hopefully everything will go well" Jimin explained and gave us both a small smile. 

-,,Thank you for everything, Jimin" I said and quickly hugged him.

-,,You're welcome, kitten" he whispered the last part so Namjoon wouldn't hear. I instantly blushed and tried to shrug the feeling of embarrassment off. He then gave us both a quick nod before leaving.

I sat still in one of the chairs in the kitchen. I stared down at the floor and started rethinking all of my life choices. Maybe I shouldn't have come here to Korea.

Then as if he had read my mind, Namjoon put his hand on my shoulder and gently massaged it.

-,,Everything will be over soon" he assured me. ,,I promise".

I stood up and brushed his hand off.

-,,You also promised me that Hoshiko would be fine and now what? She's dead!" I shouted, my eyes getting watery.

Namjoon stayed quiet, as if he was thinking of what he could say next to comfort me.

He didn't say a word but he slowly got closer and embraced me. He gave my body a light squeeze as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I buried my face into the crook of his neck and let it all out. He caressed my temple with one of his hands and kept the other on my waist.

-,,I'm sorry this is happening to you" he whispered. I didn't have the energy to answer him. I continued using him as my shoulder to cry on and ignored his words. Even though I knew he meant what he said. I felt his breath get heavier and I swore I could hear quiet sniffles. He didn't like seeing me like this, which made me want to cry more. Me crying made him want to cry. We stayed in that position for a long time. Thankfully he was patient and didn't mind it. Him comforting me felt nice even though it didn't make me forget about all my problems.

Everything will be okay soon enough, Y/N.

You just gotta wait.

Time is the best remedy.