"im totally fucked,"

Ophelia had spent the entire day studying on the library of the castle, stressing about her N

Ophelia had spent the entire day studying on the library of the castle, stressing about her N.E.W.Ts the next day. For the past few months, if James could find her, he would go to the library. As per usual, she was in there until the librarian had to drag her out.

Because she spent all day in there with no breaks, James had to bring her food and drinks. That one night, he walked in with a cup of tea however he didn't leave again and instead tried to get her to go to bed.

"It's too late. I'm sure you can't even read anymore and you're just pretending." James sighed as she took a sip of the tea. "Nonsense." She replied. "You realise that if you don't leave willingly I will carry you out."

"You wouldn't dare." She replied which made him scoff before bending his knees and throwing the girl over his shoulder from her chair. And although she was hitting his back to out her down, he was able to carry her to the Gryffindor common room where he put her down on the couch.

He then sat down in the armchair abided the sofa. "You just need to fall asleep otherwise you'll be exhausted tomorrow." He told her. "I can fall asleep on the couch." She replied, hoping it would get her out of the situation.

"Then you can sleep in my bed." Ophelia let out a sigh of defeat as she followed the boy up to his dorm and lay on his bed with her eyes closed.

~☕︎︎~

The next morning, James woke up to see Ophelia stood above him. He had let her sleep in his bed whilst he slept on the sofa. "Merlin!" He exclaimed, jumping when he saw the girl.

"I feel like I'm about to cry tears of stress." She confessed to the boy in a monotone voice. He sat up, throwing the blanket he was using on the arm of the chair. "You know what never makes people cry?" He asked which made her eyebrow furrow. "Pancakes!" He exclaimed before walking with his arm around her shoulders to the kitchens.

Ophelia leaned on the counter in the middle counter waiting James flip a pancake out of the pan and into the air before catching it with ease. "That's easy! I can do that!" The Ravenclaw exclaimed which made him scoff before putting the pan down for her to pick up.

She shook it forward to make sure the pancake wasn't stuck but throwing it up into the air. Her chocolate brown eyes watched as it started to fall back down but she missed it with a pan. However, she put up her knee and ended up catching it on her leg. "I think you failed." James chuckled. "No! This is more skill full!" She exclaimed back.

James then stacked a few pancakes up onto a plate before sliding it in front of the Ravenclaw and drizzling syrup over them. The kitchen then became silent as the two finished off their pancakes.

Ophelia wipes her mouth then glanced over at the clock in the room. "Shit. The test is about to start!"

N.E.W.Ts consisted of different tests in different subjects which was spread out across a week. The first one was Transfiguration, a subject she struggled in so she had been stressing about it all month.

"You'll do great." James reassured before placing a kiss on her forehead and joining the Gryffindor line. They had separate each house into different lines and would sit on a single row of desks in the empty Great Hall.

The week continued on until they had to take their final test, Charms which she expelled in so she was rather confident.

As they had just sat through many tests, their year ended sooner then the younger years. Therefore, the night of the last test, all the 7th year were packing their suitcases for the final time.

Ophelia had to sit on her suitcase just to keep it close due to the amount of teddies which had been hidden under her bed. Additionally, Ophelia had no plan as to where to go when the year ended.

James offered for her to move on with him at the Potter Manor but she refused, wanting to have her own house and not live off his rich parents. Determined to help her, James sent a letter to his mother explaining how Ophelia wanted a house of her own.

She soon replied saying she had found a small cottage in Godric's Hallow which was reasonably cheap. When James explained this to Ophelia, she was suspicious but accepted it either way.

The night before they left Hogwarts forever, they all sat in the Gryffindor common room. "Have you heard? Dumbledore is creating a group of Aurors called the Order of the Phoenix to fight Voldemort." Marlene explained.

They all nodded apart from Ophelia. "I wasnt asked to join." She said. "But I guess I'm not a Gryffindor." She added which made them snicker. "It should pay good enough Mekong to save up for my own place." Marlene continued.

"What about you Lily?" Dorcas asked the red head. "No clue. Apparently my sister's boyfriend moved in at Easter so I would like to avoid there." Lily said. "What if you live with me?" Ophelia asked which made her look up.

"James' mum found an amazingly cheap cottage on Godric Hallow with 2 bedrooms. You could live there together for a bit. It would help with rent." Ophelia explained to the Gryffindor girl. "That would make life so much easier." Lily sighed.

"Then it's official. We're moving in together!" She announced. "Good luck." Marlene muttered which made Lily scowl.

~☕︎︎~

The next morning, Ophelia made sure that she had all her things before meeting James in the courtyard and heading down to Hogsmeade station where Mcgonagall stood.

"I'm gonna miss you Minnie." Sirius told the professor. "Don't have too much fun without us!" James shouted which made her shake her head. "Goodbye Minnie." The Ravenclaw said as she wrapped her arms around the teacher. She was surprised to feel the Professor hugging her back.

She then waved goodbye to the Professor for the final time before boarding the train and sitting in a compartment with James.