"to think i should stop,"

Ophelia sat at the wooden desk in front of the window in her room with a single candle light. It was well into the night and she was still up finishing work from the ministry however she kept stressing over ink smudges she would make with her hands.

She became so stressed the she kicked the wall under the desk which made her ankle crack. The weather was still rather warm so she decided that a short walk would help calm her down so she tied up her shoes before leaving the cottage.

There was a rather wide dirt path in the village which was surrounded by trees on both sides, blocking out the moon's light. Ophelia sighed as she took in the boots of owls and the occasional crow which flew out of a tree.

She then stopped still for a moment to look up at an unusual black cloud which she was able to spot through the canopy above. Suddenly, a loud whirling sound got closer until it stopped which was soon followed by a cackle.

Slowly, Ophelia turned around to see a tall woman with long, thick, shining black hair. She had thin lips, dark, heavy-lidded eyes, and a strong jaw. On her face was an evil smile.

Opehlia  froze still. She knew who this woman was, Bellatrix Lestrange. She attempted to pull out her wand from her pocket but the witch was too quick and flicked it at the girl, making her black out.

It wasn't until a few hours later that she woke up again chained up to the wall of the Malfoy Manor. Bellatrix let out a cackle when she noticed the girl awake before wandering over with her wand twirling around her fingers.

"Looks like our little guest was woken up!" She spat as she pulled the chains off of the room and the girl fell onto the cold, dark floor. Bellatrix dropped to the floor beside her and turned her onto her back.

"Ready filthy mudblood?" She asked with a hissed before pointing her wand at the girls forearm which made her screams echo throughout the silent Manor. Finally, the pain stopped and she feared that she had been killed but she was able to turn her head to look at her and which had 'mudblood' carved into it.

"Why are you doing this? I've done nothing!" Ophelia shouted, her voice breaking as hot tears flooded from her eyes. "You stupid mudblood, you took our magic!" Bellatrix shouted loudly, dropping to the floor again and getting in her face which made her scrunch up her face.

"Just for that stupid question I should kill you." She hissed as she held her wand up to her neck. "But that would be boring." She sighed. "I'd like to play with my new puppet." She added.

"Crucio!" She shouted loudly, her wand pointed at the young girl who started to scream so loud her throat became dry. It felt like hot needles poking her skin over and over again until her whole body and went numb.

But then she heard something which made her hopeful. "There's been an order attack!" A death eater shouted which made Bellatrix let out a frustrated growl before getting up. "Don't think about going anywhere!" She spat before chaining her up on the wall again.

Then all the death eaters in the room vanished into black smoke, leaving the dining room she was in empty. She started to sob loudly. Her whole body stung every time she moved slightly which was difficult to not do as she had to stand on her tiptoes to reach the floor.

From the corner of her eyes, she noticed a figure peer around the doorway which had her look down, expecting it to be another death eater about to torture her again. But instead, Regulus Black stepped out.

"Don't do this Regulus." She begged, her voice weak. "I'm not going to do anything." He sighed as he hurried over to her and started to pull on the chains. "I'm trying to help you before you are killed." He added but he was unable to undo the chain and he was too young to use magic outside of school.

"Dobby!" He shouted which made the house elf to the Manor scurry in. "Can you help get her down?" He asked which made her nod. "Close your eyes." He told the girl who followed his orders before he pointed up at the chain which then exploded into shards across the floor.

"Now go!" Regulus shouted which made her weakly nod before she apperated back to Godric's Hallow. She didn't know where to go and her mind was so foggy that she ended up appearing in the front garden of the Potter Manor.

She bit her bottom lip in pain as she limped over to the door and knocked. Even though it wasn't loud, the door still opened. "Ophelia?" James called out which made her look up.

He then noticed the dark circles under her eyes and how exhausted she looked. He saw the blood dripping from the word carved into her arm. "What happened?" James asked as he helped her in and sat her down on the couch.

"B-Bellatrix took me to the Malfoy Manor..." She stuttered as her head spun. "What did she do to you?" James asked. "Cruciatus." Ophelia confessed to the boy whose hand clenched up but then she fainted into him.

Ophelia woke up again to find herself laying on the couch with James dabbing a damp cloth on her boiling forehead. "Do you feel any better?" James asked with a hopeful look. She shook her head which was extremely painful to do.

"Mum!" James shouted up the stairs which made his confused mother walk out of her bedroom in her nightgown. "What is it? It's early in the morning." She said to her son, her voice raspy as she had just woke up.

"Ophelia was taken by death eaters and they used the cruciatus curse on her and I tried to help her but she doesn't seem any better." James explained quickly. It took a few moments for Euphemia to understand what he was saying but once she realised and saw the girl laying on the couch, she hurried over.

"Why didn't you wake me up James?" She asked as she carefully placed her hand on the girl's forehead. "I thought I could help myself and I didn't want to wake you."

Euphmia and Fleamont had James rather late in life so they were much older then other parents. Particularly in his final year at Hogwarts, he noticed them become more weaker so would try to stay quiet in the mornings to let them have sleep.

"Stop with that James, I'm not that old." She told her son as she got up again. "You did all that you could." She added as she kissed her son's cheek before going into the kitchen and coming back with a few droplet bottles.

"Open your mouth dear. This should help with the pain." Euphemia told the exhausted girl who slowly opened her mouth and slowed her to put a few droplets of the remedy into her mouth.