Nightmare

Cover made by yours truly. And I own nothing except the plot and story. Everthing else belongs to Monsta-- NOW TO THE STORY! UwU

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

It was too loud.

And his patience was at its limit.

And maybe it had something to do with the continuous pounding in his head. Or maybe it was because of Ice's annoying tapping on the table. A habit he had acquired whenever he was eating good food.

He eyed the oatmeal in front of him in disgust.

"NOO! That's mine!" Thorn whined (he held back a wince as the sound pierced his skull) as Blaze stretched across Fang to grab his loaf of bread.

"Urgh—Boboiboy!" (They all turned to him) Fang scowled as he pushed the teen clad in red aside, "Couldn't you fuse back before breakfast?"

Gempa was about to answer but was interrupted by Taufan, "Awwe, but isn't it livelier with so many of us?"

"Breakfast is definitely more fun." Yaya agreed good-naturedly as she ate a scoop of her oatmeal.

Solar felt queasy as he watched this. Was it really just him who found the oatmeal disgusting (even though he didn't even eat a spoon of it)?

"I'm actually missing the times when—HEY!" Ying exclaimed as Blaze cackled in victory when he managed to grab her bread, before quickly stuffing it in his mouth.

"Blaze! Stop stealing other people's food!" Gempa exclaimed next to Halilintar, who silently finished his breakfast, "Ugh—maybe it's time we should all fuse back—"

Yes please. Between his growing headache and the noisy atmosphere, it would only be a matter of time before he 'accidentally' blow the headquarters up.

"Why exactly are you all split up like this?" Shielda asked as she expertly lifted her plate away from Blaze's hands.

Ice shrugged as he finished his bowl and started eyeing Solar's untouched one, "Training in a way? We want to check our limits when we're all separated like this. Are you going to eat that?"

Solar pushed it to him wordlessly. He wanted coffee anyway.

"Didn't Commander ask you to recreate that chemical?" Sai asked pointing his spoon at Solar, "That... weird shrink serum—?"

Solar tried not to cringe as the oatmeal dripped from the utensil and rubbed the bridge of his nose when his eyes started feeling heavy, "It's almost done."

"So soon?" He almost jumped as Halilintar spoke up, eyes narrowed in suspicion, "Didn't Commander just tell us about that yesterday evening?"

"I'm just that good." Solar smugly said causing the other to roll his eyes in exasperation.

What he failed to mention was that he had actually been working on the serum the whole night and barely got any sleep.

Not that he could get some sleep, even if he wanted to.

He didn't want to admit it to the others... but harboring the nightmares they usually had in their original form had (unfortunately) fallen on him instead.

And what's worse was that it was more vivid than when he wasn't in this elemental form. Was it because it was in his second-tier form when he had been thrown out into that cold, dark space?

(He dreamt he was back in that darkness floating— freezing— suffocating—)

"Solar?"

He froze as he realized he had spaced out. Thorn was looking at him worriedly, "Are you alright? You look pale."