In the Dark - Vinira

Viney's POV

I get up to go to another day of school at hexside, actually excited because I finally can learn more than one type of magic. I walk over to a bench and sit down, I still have 5 minutes until school starts. 

"Who's there" I say quickly hearing a movement in a nearby bush. No answer, I stand up getting ready from what might come out of the bush, but then I see a hand come out from beside the bush. The hand gestured me to come over. I slowly move forwards towards the bush. Finally I go around to see who the hand belonged to.

"Hey" said a girl with long dark green hair which was tied loosely into a braided ponytail, she said bright golden eyes which when they caught the light they appeared yellowish like melting gold in the hot sun. I realized I was spacing out and immediately shifted my focus to the other person sitting with her which was probably her brother because he had the same color hair and eyes but his eyes were more dimmed then hers.

"What are you doing behind here" I question looking the girl in the eyes.

"We're hiding from Mittens, we made her mad this morning" She answered smiling as she remembered what happened earlier that morning.

"Our sister she means" The boy chimed in.

"Oh okay" I say even though I'm still very confused. Suddenly the girl pulls me down behind the bush next to her. I felt a stirring in my stomach but I ignored it, I probably just didn't eat enough breakfast.

"There's Amity our sister" The boy points out a green haired witch which looked similar to them. I recognized her, I saw her hanging out with Luz once or twice.

"Isn't she friends with Luz" I ask moving my head to get a better look at her.

"You know Luz" The girl says looking over at me.

"Yeah we were in detention together a while back" 

"Oh cool we're friends with her but I think Amity likes her a little bit better if you know what I mean" The boy teases looking over at Amity one last time.

"Haha yeah I can see that" I say.

"Oh by the way my name is Edric and that's Emira" Edric says pointing over at the girl.

"I'm Viney" I say still looking at Emira.

"I've heard about all the trouble you've caused around the school" I say smiling a little bit.

"Only a little bit of trouble" Edric says standing up.

"Well it's great to match faces to the crimes but I have to go to class I'll see you guys around" I say standing up and waking away from the bush.

"Maybe next time we'll invite you to make some trouble with us, we do need some help on the next one" Emira says walking towards me. She grabs my hand and says

"You in?" 

"Y-Yes" I stutter from the unexpected touch.

"See you later cutie" Emira says finally running away to class. 

I swear my face was on fire, it was a new feeling I didn't really want to venture into. I convince myself it's the adrenaline of all of it, whatever it was.

Emira's POV

Edric and I hurry to class so we won't be late, but I try to sneak once last look at Viney. I look back and see her still standing there like she was deciding what to do from there. Her long brown hair and dark green eyes which seem to trap you in their gaze.