chapter 1

You know, living in a world with Angels sucks. Probably because their feathers are everywhere, bathrooms, car engines, and so on. I never liked them, mainly because they are completely dicks and think highly of themselves, it's ironic, cause God kicked their asses out of heaven.

I wonder why? I woke up to a lazy morning the sky was grey, I live in a brick apartment in the middle of Manhattan. I did usual, brush my teeth, make breakfast, and took a shower, I met up with my friends on the roof where we played basketball and hang out most of the time.

We all had one thing in common, we hate Angeles. "Hey marc hurry up" James called out, James was a tall blonde guy with blue eyes he could easily be a model, but he has an addiction to burritos, which is a deal-breaker cause he them like a madman. "Hey marc, did you watch last night game?" Nathan said, '' Nah too busy drowning my sorrows in tequila" we all sighed together, "welp that's depressing, now let's play ball"  Nathan said, after playing for almost two hours, we were exhausted.

We sat down for a drink, except for James who was eating a burrito. If it weren't for the fact that we play basketball, James would be fast as hell.  "Guys......an age,l," Nathan said, I followed his gaze, a woman with Raven Black wings.

Angels are scarce in these parts cause the sun doesn't come out, and angels need the sun to rejuvenate their wings. "I'll take care of this" James kept down his burrito.

Shits about to go down, James never leaves a burrito unfinished.
He went down to talk to the angel, she was across the street so we couldn't hear what they were saying. She looked up to the roof, she looks directly at me.

She smiled and it wasn't nice, they seemed to finish talking the moment James turned his back she pulled a curved dagger and stabbed James in the back. everything slowed down I heard the blood rushing to my ears, me and Nathan bolted downstairs.

Nathan headed for James, I headed for the angel bitch, " Am going to fry those wings of you narcissistic bitch!" I said in rage, I threw a punch but she dodged it like it was nothing  I kept swinging punches but she dodged them effortlessly, she then sidestepped and sliced my side, at my rib cage.

I was bleeding fast everything become blurry. I stood up tumbling barely holding on.  "you're a fighter aren't ya?" She said, her voice was cold and steel. "Fuck you," I said breathing heavily, " choose your words carefully, or you might not live to say them"
"What do want from us?!" I said, signaling Nathan to escape with James while I'm providing a distraction.

The air passing through the cut made me gasp for air but it stings. She pointed the knife at me, she at least two or three inches taller than me, probably 6'3.

"I came here for a killing spree but it's boring," she said it like it was a normal thing, Nathan slowly moved James' unconscious body. I prayed she didn't notice, "so tell me how do you want to die?" She said, "I don't" I replied.

She burst out laughing, then all instinct fire up, I leaped and threw a punch with every strength I had. My fist connected to her cheek, "GO TO HELL!!" I screamed with rage, she staggered a bit. "You'll regret doing that," she said, she dived at me, she seemed to like targeting the lower abdomen, I sidestepped barely dodging the blade, grabbed her wings and judo slammed her with everything I got.

I turned around to see Nathan and James in an alleyway. I was relieved, Nathan's eyes went wide, I felt a sharp pain in my back I looked down to see a knife through my stomach.  Everything was turning dark. I laid down, the woman stood over me " you are the first human to ever injure me I commend you for that, too bad you'll be dead"
As I took my dying breath, "you're weak" everything turned black, I was dead.