Ghosted

Athena's POV

It had now been 3 days and I still haven't heard from Evan. Doubt was starting to fill my thoughts.

My wolf was hurting as well. She had grown to care for Evan as well.

What did we do wrong? My wolf asked.

Nothing. I am sure he just got busy with his pack. I told her.

I miss him. I really liked him. Even though he was not our mate. I was fine with him. He comforted me. She said.

I know I feel the same way. I know his home life is not the best, I hope he is OK. I am sure anytime now he will text and say he broke his phone or something. I said hopefully.

As time went on though and I was left to my own thoughts and more and more I felt that I had been used. My heart ached at the thought of being used by him. I loved him how could he do that to me. He played my knight in shining armor and got exactly what he wanted. How could I be so stupid.

I needed a run.

I went outside and the gamma was there.

"Hey Athena, where are you going?" he asked me.

"I need to run. I haven't let my wolf out for a while" I said.

"Stay close. The prisoner still hasn't talked. We don't know if there are more of them" Sean said to me.

"I will" I said and headed to the forest.

I stripped down and shifted into my wolf. Her fur was white as snow. A white wolf was the sign of a strong female. When I got my wolf and she was seen for the first time a lot more expectations were put onto me. I had extra training I had to do to learn how to fight.

The forests surrounding my pack we lush and full. Tall trees for as far as you could see.

My wolf ran through the forest happy she was out. She jumped over and dodged the branches and roots from the trees. We stayed mindful of where we were so we didn't go near the border. I may know how to fight but I am not going to invite danger to me. We passed by some pack guards on our run. When she made it to the lake I shifted back and laid on the grass. I fell asleep on the shore of the lake. When I woke up the sun was setting.

Shit I need to get back. I know my brother has been busy but the gamma has taken to becoming the protective one now.

I shifted back into my wolf and we headed back to the packhouse.

As I got inside Sean was standing there hands crossed over his chest.

"I know, I am sorry. I fell asleep by the lake" I said holding my hand up in surrender.

"Athena, you were ignoring the pack link. I was about to send out a search party. Your brother would kill me if anything happened to you" he said.

"I can take care of myself. Why have you guys trained me so much if you don't trust I can take care of myself?" I asked.

"Look, Athena it's not that. We know you have been trained good. You are strong we know that but when 50 Bloodriver pack members come if you are by yourself you will not stand a chance. We just want to keep everyone safe. The best way to do that is to follow the rules we have set forth. Right now, we really just don't know what will happen. Hopefully, this will all die down soon." Sean said pleading for me to just behave.

"Ok, Ok, I get it. Things have been tense. No more going on my own and no more complaining" I said. I meant it too, I do understand. The Bloodriver pack is unpredictable and they really are just trying to look out for the pack.

Evan's POV

I woke up to water being thrown in my face. As I came to I realized I was chained with silver in a cell. The silver on the cuffs burning my skin.

Shit I thought to myself.

I was caught and now i am being tortured.

I was never going to see Athena again. We mated and now she probably thinks I just used her. At least she never recognized me as her mate. She will not have to feel the pain I am going through.

A fist makes contact with my jaw. I spit out blood.

"Wakey wakey, you fucking Bloodriver bastard" Alpha Hunter says. "Why were you on my land?"

"It was a mistake" I say through a raspy voice.

Another punch to the jaw. I heard it crack and spit out a tooth.

"A mistake, yeah sure. You are the heir to the Bloodriver pack. I will ask you again what are doing on my land" Hunter growled at me.

How am I going to explain this to them? I can't tell them Athena is my mate, but I hate my father just as much as them. Probably even more.

"I only want to save my pack" I pleaded.

"Lies, you will say anything to prolong your life. Hope for a rescue. Jay get in here" Hunter commanded.

Jay, the beta. I recognize him. He is the one who tore into my chest.

Jay punches my face again and then gets in a few body shots. I wince as I hear a rib break. I spit out some blood.

"Tell us why you are here" Jay says.

"I told you I wasn't meant to be here. I hate my father as much as you" I said.

"Get the whip" Hunter says. "I waited three days for you to wake up. Now you want to spit out lies. Like I would believe that the Bloodriver heir hates his father. You are just as vile as him."

Three days. I was out for three days already. They did a number on me when they first got me. I was injured already when they first caught me. I fought all the way to the cells trying to escape. I knew if they got me to the cells there was a good chance that I would never be able to leave again. I had to do what I could to try and escape so that I could see Athena again. She loved me, and once I explained to her that I was not like my father and wanted to take him down I am sure she would accept me. Our bond started forming once I laid eyes on her even if she didn't know that was happening. She would be able to tell that I am telling the truth and get her brother to accept me as well. Now though I am here I will never see her again.

Jay comes back with a whip coated in silver and hand it to Hunter.

He walks behind me.

Crack

The whip smacks my back. I feel the skin rip open. I let out a loud growl. These guys sure know what they are doing. If I wasn't on the other end of the whip I would want to learn from them.

My only thoughts now are of Athena. What our life could have been. The pups she would have one day given me.

This goes on for hours. I think they are getting tired of the silent treatment. There are no windows down here so I don't know if it's morning or night. Both men look tired though so I think it must be pretty late into the night. Jay walks over to me and sticks a needle in my neck. He injected me with wolfsbane. As I pass out I here Hunter telling the guards to give me water but minimal food.