7| Seven

"D-dad, I can't do that." She took a step back, as she spoke.

"For me at least? Please? I can't see you like this, staying away from him. You said you came back for me, because I was unwell, for my health right? So now it is me myself, asking you to go back, and stay with your husband. I am fine, and you can visit me anytime. Please dear, just for me at least." He said hoping for a positive response from her side

She knew that just as the truth wasn't hidden from her for long, it wouldn't be from him as well, and slowly would be unveiled. And for now, not being able to keep it to herself anymore, she decided to tell him the truth.

The truth that she doesn't want to be with him anymore for what he did to her, and tell him the reason for his elder daughter's death. How can I stay with someone who was the reason for the loss of my sister's life.

"Dad..." She started to speak, but stopped as she heard a voice from behind and turned to look,

"Uncle, don't worry, Aayat will be going back with me, and we will come every day to meet you. After all I know Aayat wouldn't be in peace until she sees you all well, in front of her eyes." It was Zayan. He spoke with a smile on his face.

Aayat looked back at him in confusion, as to what he was telling. She knew he just got an opportunity to give another try to get her back, but she didn't want that to happen.

"Yes sure, you both can come anytime." Her father smiled back. As the doctor entered, both of them walked out.

"Zayaan what was that?" She asked as soon as she closed the door behind her, but got no response. "I asked you something, Zayaan, answer me." She held him by his shoulder and turned him back while he was walking forward.

"Have you seen uncle's condition? I know you don't want this, but just for him, come along with me, I promise you..."

"Stop Zayaan, I don't want any promises of yours. Everything is just gonna break one day, just like you did with my trust, and my heart. And yes, don't pretend like you care for my family, don't forget it was only because of you, that I lost my sister!" She shouted at him.

"If this seems fake to you, then be it. I want uncle to be fine really soon, and once he gets well, you can tell him everything, not now." He said

"Why don't you tell that you just found an opportunity for yourself to convince me?" She folded her arms in front of him.

"Uncle wanted this, and I will do it for him, that's all." He said and walked out, after telling her, "I spoke to the doctor and he said that uncle will be kept in the observation for today, and no one is allowed to stay here, I dropped aunty home, you should also come with me, I am waiting outside."

Finding no way for herself, she decided to give in. She knew that his family wouldn't force her to be with Zayaan, she can go and stay for few days, till her father gets well, and then tell him about her and Zayaan.

The whole way back home was silent, very silent indeed. He didn't speak, and she didn't want to either. She wasn't doing any of this for Zayaan but for her father. As they reached, her heartbeats kept increasing, seeing the place.

Four months? Not even her lifetime would be enough for her to forget this place, even if she wanted to. And once again the people residing there, were strangers to her, but this time with whom she had loads of memories to cherish forever. She would hate to accept but it counted Zayaan in too.

She had the best moments of her life with Zayaan in this house, but little did she knew that it was only genuine from her side of the relationship, and just a revenge from the other side. But did that change for Zayaan?