Chapter 1 He Who Has Awake

"A-Jian... A-Jian... Can you hear me? A-Jian!"

"Ge... Gege..?"

"A-Jian... Stay with me...,"

"Gege... Must.. protect you..,"

"A-Jian, you have protected me. Please, stay with me.. Open your eyes...,"

"Did I.. protected you... A-Are you alright..?"

"A-Jian, I'm fine. I shall bring you to the doctor now-"

"Gege... I protected you... hehe... I'm... happy... Ge...,"

"A-Jian..! A-Jian! Stay with me!"

"A-Jian!!"

....

My name is Lin Xiaojian. I don't know what happened the day after I lost my consciousness. I also suffered some memory loss. Before I woke up, I was in endless darkness for who knows how long.

Even though after losing my memory, I still have some vague fragments of memories from my past which are still kept safely in the deepest of my heart. That's why I realized I was in another person's body not too long after I awake from my deep slumber.

...

It's a morning day. Shen Mansion was usually quiet before something unexpected happened that shook the entire manor. The second child of the Shen Clan has shown some movement after being a sleeping beauty for a year. He fainted after suffering an unusually high fever and hasn't wake up since then. Though, people who don't know well Shen Yuan, the only son of Shen House will be happy upon hearing this news.

"What? Young Master will wake up soon? Well, I'm not sure if I'm feeling relief or worried..." One of the maids in the mansion spoke to her peer.

Her peer seemed anxious. "Shh! What if the Lady heard you? She will report this to the Young Master after he wakes up and you might not see the sunlight again!"

Both of them were frightened hearing their own gossips. Seems like this Young Master, Shen Yuan doesn't have a good impression towards his maids, or are they the only one?

The southern east part of Shen's mansion is where the Young Master spent his time while in a coma. Inside the room, two-person was sitting beside a big bed, one of them was a gentle-looking woman, wearing a white hanfu with a jade necklace on her neck and the other person was a glasses man.

They were inspecting someone who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. He wore a white robe and his hair was all over the pillow. His lips and skin were pale and was breathing slowly due to his sickness.

"Mr. Hua, what's my didi's¹ condition?" The woman who was sitting beside the bed was the sleeping young man's older sister as well as the first daughter of Shen's family, Shen Ming.

She stared while waiting for an answer from the man who was sitting beside her. He checked the young man's pulse.

"His pulse is weak like always. I believe he will not wake up soon as expected," he said while staring at the Shen Yuan's hand.

Shen Ming looked down. "I see. Well, I guess it's too early to be happy just because one of our maids sees his finger move. I'm so sorry for troubling Mr. Hua only just to find nothing," she stood up and bowed.

Mr. Hua stopped Shen Ming from bowing.

"No, no, no. Don't be like that, Lady Shen. It's my job to keep an eye on Young Master Shen. I was the one who volunteered in this job after all," he bowed a little.

"Thank you for your kindness, Mr. Hua. I'm sure my didi will be grateful for what have you done to him all this time," Shen Ming held gently Shen Yuan's right hand.