A Promise is a Promise

mentions of sex, drugs, alcohol. 

---

Denki's POV

I wasn't exactly wanting to go to the party. No, not really. It was pretty much the last place I wanted to be that night. But no, I just had to promise Jiro I'd go with her. I'd much rather be hanging out in the common room with Bakugo and everyone, they were having game night. Of course none of them questioned where I was going, and since none of them asked I couldn't get them to give me an excuse to get out of it. Well, even if I could get out of it, I couldn't do that to Jiro. This party meant everything to her, and she said she couldn't show up alone. I mean, I didn't see why. 

I knew it wouldn't be any casual party, yeah. I knew there would be underage kids getting high, drunk, having sex, God knows what else. I was dreading it. I don't see why she needed to hang out with these people. Imagine if the party got busted, what would happen then? We're UA students, and I'm lucky to be here with my 'smarts' as is. I don't need that jeopardized. I owe her and everything, though. And I want her to be, yknow, safe. I never once thought I'd be the one chaperoning. Horrible, right? I had to make sure she didn't get, well- High or drunk. I also needed to make sure she wasn't going to lose her virginity this early. I don't see why she couldn't have asked anyone else though.

Well, I kind of do. Kirishima is to sweet and responsible, he'd try to talk her out of it or even take her to do something else. Bakugo would downright refuse, he'd never do anything to possibly derail his path to being a hero. Sero just wouldn't go, he's a responsible guy and he and Jiro don't know each other that well anyway. Mina, well she'd get too into it and steal the spotlight Jiro's trying to grab. Shinsou? Well, he's more of a half member of the Bakusquad, not even official really. Plus, he and Jiro have almost never talked outside of class, and I doubt he'd go anyway. Jiro is more of a 'test member' of the squad anyway. She's not official or anything yet, she just hangs around with us. We're debating actually letting her join, she can be.. questionable at times.

I was friends with her even before the group, though. Not close friends or anything, just average. So, in a way, she knows me best out of them, and I do need to make sure she stays safe there, as I just mentioned. I hate being responsible. It makes me wanna short circuit. I mean, how out of character is this? Being the responsible one at a high school party? Like, me? Denki Kaminari? The famous partier? Blasphemy. -Whatever that word means. 

Anyway, here I was, dressed in a long-sleeved striped undershirt, a black t-shirt with white outline designs on it that looked faded. I had on some baggy jeans with it, which had a silver chain linking from my black studded belt to the jean pocket. Jiro encouraged me to wear black eyeliner, so that whole mess was happening too. It was all finished off with some black converse. She picked all this out for me to wear. Please, Jiro, I looked like a teenage whore.

Before I could continue my mental complaining, there was a knock at the door.

"Kaminari, open up. We gotta go or we'll be late."

I'd shuffle over to the floor, turning on my phone and looking at the time. 10:03, the clock read. I stuffed it back in my pocket, sighing and then pausing in front of the door. This was my last chance to make an excuse. I didn't though, because I was a super cool party friend. I finally opened the door, grinning.

"You know it's always best to be fashionably late to parties like these, right? It makes you seem a lot cooler and like everyone looks at you when you walk in. Trust me, I'm a master of this stuff!"

I winked, she just sighed and rolled her eyes, pointing to the hall with her thumb.

"Yeah I know, but this is my first time hanging out with these people. I don't wanna make it seem like I don't care at all. They might not invite me again."

She said like it was obvious, like she was the one who knew what she was doing. I mean c'mon, this is her first ever big party. I've been to a ton, I knew what I was talking about, she didn't. Seriously, I mean, asked me, the party master, to come with her to a party, and then says she knows more than me? Geez, where are her table manners? Not- Well- Not table manners. We're not eating dinner.

"Alright alright, let's just go, 'kay? Are we taking a cab or something? Do you have money or anything?"

I tilted my head, one of my hands shoved in my pockets. My door was still wide open, myself standing in the frame. She nodded.

"Yeah, a cab. Yaoyorozu lent me some. I told her I'd pay her back but she said it was fine."

Jiro tapped her foot boredly.

"Ohh gotcha, works out then!"

"Yeah yeah, now let's go you dunce."

She grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of my room as I protested, only just barely managing to shut the door in time. Man, I was tired. I so didn't wanna do this. But a promise is a promise.

Jiro proceeded to drag me down the hall, down the stairs, and down to the dorm exit. I pretty much whined the whole time, telling her to let go of my wrist. It was already sore from training, she didn't have to abuse it like that. Finally, she let go of me, which I was plenty thankful for. After a minute or so of walking towards the school exit, I'd look up at the sky, admiring all the stars. It was unusually sparkly, there were never this many stars, mainly because of the city. So, this was a treat. I just smiled and kept looking up, though, that was kinda my downfall. Literally. I bumped into a telephone pole and fell on my ass. 2/10 would not reccomend.

Jiro, of course, laughed at me as expected. I mean hey, if it was her who fell I would've done the same. Soon we were at a little cab stop, waiting for one of those dinky little yellow boxes. Great. Almost ready for my death.