𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

❛ But 'just friends' don't look at each other like that

But 'just friends' don't look at each other like that. 

WILLOW GALLAGHER AND HER FAMILY had always been considered weird in the small town of Beacon Hills. Of course, Willow couldn't blame them, considering they had gone around claiming themselves to be witches. Her mom even owned a store that supplied the residents with potions, charms and other means to spread 'magic.'

⠀⠀⠀While the Gallaghers claimed to be witches, there was never proof of the truth, and that's exactly how they liked it. Hiding in plain sight behind a skewed version of who they were. Then, when things of strange nature happened around them, mortals easily dismissed them for already being strange themselves.

⠀⠀⠀It had never bothered Willow much to hide all of herself from people she was close to. They never stayed long enough for her to care; only her sisters were always there for her.

⠀⠀⠀That was until Willow started dating Stiles Stilinski in middle school. 

⠀⠀⠀Willow wanted him to believe her for as long as she could remember, wanted him to accept that she was a witch even if she couldn't give him proof. At one point, she was tempted to.

⠀⠀⠀Before she could, Willow's rose-tinted glasses started to fade. Stiles' crush on the Lydia Martin had never seemed to sway since elementary school. Even while dating Willow.

⠀⠀⠀It broke her heart.

⠀⠀⠀There was no breaking point to their relationship. Willow didn't walk in on Stiles kissing Lydia; he didn't admit that he loved Lydia more than her. No. It was a year of slowly realizing that she was just hurting herself the longer she stayed.

⠀⠀⠀So, she broke up with him.

⠀⠀⠀A year after their break up, Willow comes to where she had once been before without meaning to. She and her sisters, Laurel and Bridgette, were in the woods the night before school, completing a ritual to bless the new school year when Stiles and Scott came across them.