Chapter 13

Y/n's POV

Right now, Giulia and her dad are talking with each other about the race while Alberto, Luca, and I remain at the table. I could still hear what they were saying, so I decided to listen to their conversation.

"I don't want you doing the race again. You get so upset," Giulia's dad told her.

"Papà, per favore, I have a team now," Giulia tells her dad.

"There's also the entry fee. Money is tight," Giulia's dad then tells her.

"I'll work double shifts at the pescheria. Whatever you need," Giulia tells her dad.

"I can't sell what I don't have. What I need is more fish in my net," Giulia's dad tells her, and then apologizes to her in Italian.

Hmm. He needs more fish. I mean, I know my fish. Maybe we could help as well.

"Um, excuse me?" I heard Luca say, breaking me out of my thoughts. "We could help."

"You know fish?" Giulia's dad asks Luca.

"Oh, we? We know lots of fish," Alberto tells Giulia's dad, to which I nod.

It looked as if Giulia's dad was deep in his thoughts.

"Can this face lose?" Giulia then asks her dad as she gives him an innocent smile, making her dad sigh.

"You want to work? I'll put you to work," Giulia's dad tells us, making me smile.

"Really?" I ask, and then laugh afterwards.

"Oh, grazie, Papà," Giulia says as she hugs her dad.

But as I was looking at the two hug, I notice that their cat is now standing in front of me on the table and is growling at me, making me lean back a bit.

"Machiavelli! Don't you... No! Machiavelli!" Giulia tells the cat just as it jumps on my face and started to scratch me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giulia now leads the three of us outside after that whole cat attack. I had a few scratches, and so did the boys. The reason why they had scratches was because they were trying to help get the cat off of me. Alberto had more scratches though.

"I'm so sorry about the cat. I don't know what got into him," Giulia apologizes to us.

"It's fine. We're gonna head back to, uh..." Luca started saying, but couldn't think of where we were going to stay. To be honest, we don't have a place to stay.

"Oh! Do you guys need a place to stay?" Giulia then asks us while looking up at something.

I look at to where she was looking at and saw a treehouse. I mean, I guess we could stay there. After we got settled in up there, Giulia comes and picks up some of her books that she left up here.

"Awesome," I say as I look at the pretty lights that are hung up here.

"Oops! Sorry. This is my..." Giulia starts to say.

"You're hideout," Alberto finishes for her.

"Huh. Yeah. My hideout. Buonanotte, guys," Giulia tells us as she then goes to her window by using the branch from the tree. She then slips, making her fall into her room. She then peeks her head out to look at us and then laughs sheepishly. "Slipped. Uh, see you in the morning."

I then watch as she closes her window shut and then the lights in the treehouse turns off. I let out a sigh, knowing that we actually survived this.

"That was close," Luca says as he lets out a sigh and Alberto grabs one of the pillows that were layed out for us.

"I know. Like, how big was that dad human? That guy kills things, for sure," Alberto says as he lays his pillow down. I then grab a pillow and lay it beside Alberto and Luca lays his on the other side of him.

"I actually thought we were going to die. I felt it in my guts," I say as I layed my head down on my pillow.

"Hey, relax. We're incredible at this humaning stuff," Alberto reassures to me.

"Yeah. You're right," I tell him.

"Hey, did you guys see me on the bike? Giulia said, 'Look up,' and then all of a sudden, I was riding it," Luca tells us, making me smile.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Our Vespa's gonna be even better than a bike, though. Because the moment we get it, we're outta here," Alberto tells us.

I then look up at the fish in the sky and then imagine how our Vespa's going to look in the future.

"I can't wait," Luca says.

"Me neither," I then say.

I then look at the bigger fish in the sky one last time before closing my eyes and drifting off into deep slumber.