𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

•••

"She's here! She's here, we saw her!" Simon yells in a clear state of panic. "She was terrifying and fucking crazy! She was doing it, following the blood trails!" he exclaims in triumph as we skid to a stop before the others.

"Holy shit, it's working."

"Freak, three o'clock," I say, pointing towards Tommy Slater, the Camp Nightwing killer. As I look at all of these people that were taken by Sarah Fier, I can't help but realize that nobody really ever gets happy endings, and I'm bound to find that out.

"They're all here." I feel Simon push me closer against the wall to make sure I don't even get a scratch. I hold in my breath, praying nothing distracts them and they stay clear to their mission.  Once they all pass (miracle), I let out a shaky breath.

Deena then lights a match, tossing it into the bathroom door trap before running back down the hallway to us. Not seconds later, flames erupt from the door. I grab Simon's hand, squeezing it tightly as my mind races with anxiety. Thoughts like "What if this doesn't work?", "What if the whole school explodes?", "What if I die?", "What if he dies?" took over my mind. I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

•••

"Let's see you come back from that, motherfuckers!" Simon yells confidently. I thought that it was over, but I didn't know how wrong I could be.

"Oh my gosh, we did it! Simon-" I start to turn to him with a smile, but we were all distracted by a pile of guts on the floor moving. Then the walls and the sinks. "What the fuck..?"

•••

"Nevermind, shit did NOT work," I say as we all barge into a random classroom and begin running around frantically to find things to barricade the door with.

"Help us! Come on, they're coming!" Deena yells.

"And they're gonna keep coming!" Kate yells and everyone stops.

"We are fucked!" Simon shouts.

"No! No, we are not fucked. She's fucked." Kate explains, motioning to Sam, who stood there like a lost sheep almost.

"Yeah. They are coming for her." I agree, frantically nodding. "We put Sam in the hall, we end this now." and Kate nods along with me.

"You guys are monsters." Deena says walking up to us.

"We are being reasonable," I argue.

"We can't run anymore. Sure, a bullet won't stop them, fine. They're really strong. But we just tried to goddamn explode them, and that didn't work!" Kate yelled.

"You're suggesting killing her." she replies, dumbfounded.

"You would sacrifice your best friends and your brother, for a high school girlfriend. You might love her now, but there will be plenty of others in the future! You would sacrifice four other people just to save one, and it might not even work! You'd let us all die to protect her. Sounds about right." I scold. "Selfish Deena, as always," I mutter before rolling my eyes and walking over to where Simon was standing, locking my cold hand with his warm one.

"This is the way." Kate starts. "It's the only way, Sam's got to go."

"Are you kidding me?" Deena yells at us and I scoff. god, she is so selfish.

"No. They're right." Sam says, holding back tears. "I don't want you guys to die for me. I'm going. I'm ending this." she finishes, looking over at Deena.

"Thank you, Sam."

"Shut up, Tatum! No you're not, are you crazy?" she replies, walking over to Sam and pressing their foreheads against one another.

"I'm sorry," Samantha whispers before walking over to the door. Deena yells for Sam but for some reason my hearing is fuzzy, and my heart was thudding in my chest, echoing into my ears.

Blood was pounding in my ears, breath increasing quickly. My chest started growing tight, tears forming and hands shaking. This was all gonna go to shit, I could feel it in my heart. It felt as if my blood was running faster, and my heart was going to explode.

"What's going- I don't.." i slid down a wall, curling myself into a ball.

I was trying to make myself feel as small as possible, so that maybe nobody could see me. My mouth was dry and it felt as if someone had their hands wrapped around my neck. I scratched at the area gasping for air but couldn't seem to find any.

"Please, I don't.. what's happening?" I said in between coughs and cries. Simon immediately went to sit right next to me, grabbing me tightly and pulling me into his chest. We had been through this before. I had regular panic and anxiety attacks, so he knew how to deal with them when I didn't.

"Get off of me! Get off, get off, get off!" I screamed, attempting to punch his chest but his grip held firm against my wrists. It felt as if my whole world was spinning around me and like I was looking through a fish-eye lens.

"Hold the door!" Simon yelled, but all I could hear was the intense pounding in her ears and chest. He held me back with all of his strength, trying to make sure that I couldn't hurt myself.

"Please. Please, let me go." All of the energy that was in my body seemed to drain from me, and I stopped straining, now only sobbing in Simon's arms.

"Breathe. Breathe for me, Tatum." he whispered, saying sweet nothings into my ear as sobs wracked my frame.

"Please. I can't- I can't breathe." The world was quiet. Time was paused. It was just me and him and him and me. I focused on Simon, his breathing, his eyes. At once. I was calm. One last tear fell before I wiped them all away, standing up shakily.

"I'm fine." I say. "Oh, shit!" I run to go help block the door.

"The rhyme! Guys, the rhyme!" Deena yells.

"She'll take your blood, she'll take your head." Simon starts.

"She'll follow you until you're dead..." I finish.

"What are you saying?" Kate asks.

"Fuck it. I'm dying tonight one way or another." Sam replies.