our new life....

A light hand was placed on my shoulder. Suddenly, The feeling of this small palm gave me reassurance allowing me to see what was in front of me. The warmth rushed inside of me. I couldn't believe what I saw. 

Alayna.

Before I could make any movement, the old woman barged in stealing all attention. "Or i'll throw you out" she stood in between us and stroked Alayna's cheek while her eyes hardened to stone. "just you!" Her eyes directed at me while her lips upturned into a sinister smirk. She left us and locked the door. Alayna fell into my embrace and she began to console me singing a familiar melody. But all this fell on deaf ears. I can't lose her again however the thought of staying here invoked a fear like no other. What do I do? The feeling of hopelessness felt like a pit in my stomach, leaving my body in the form of tears. " crying isn't going to do you any good......You stay here now......... Deal with it or it will get harder!" a stranger's voice exclaimed.

 Deal with it or it will get harder!" a stranger's voice exclaimed

(the actress Lupita Nyongo , not the outfit <3)

 I tilted my head towards a young woman who had a dark, chestnut like, complexation with rosy undertones and bold eyes. Alayna rushed over to her "this is Nancy, she's one of us, don't worry ".

 As I got up, I looked around to find many girls who were in the same situation as me and Alayna. I stumbled over to where Nancy was stood " what is this?" I whispered. She looked at me with a smile that failed to reach her eyes " your new home as long as you follow what the mistress says" I asked again " what is it that we need to follow?" before Nancy was able to utter a word, a timid voice called out "we're slaves".

I questioned the group of women around me "how did you get here?" They all gave each other blank looks until Nancy answered

" just like you; orphans..."