Prom Outfit Planning - Chapter 5

After school that day, Alya came over to Marinette's house to discuss the upcoming dance. It was currently May 12 and the school dance was May 20th.

"So, Alya, have you figured out what you're going to wear yet?" Marinette asked Alya while she flipped through her sketchbook.

"Well, Nino and I have been looking for outfits to match. We haven't had very good luck though", Alya stretched her feet out. "By the way, what's the theme of the prom?"

Marinette stopped flipping through her sketchbook once she found her design. "Hmm, I think it's  'Midnight in Paris'", she replied while scanning her design.

"Sounds...fun," Alya sighed sarcastically. "I mean why in the world would they make a prom theme from the city we live in? Couldn't they just make it New York City themed? Or even London themed?"

Marinette walked over to Alya with her sketchbook in hand. "This is what I've been working for the past 2 months", Marinette handed her sketchbook over to Alya to see her design for prom.

"Wow, Marinette!" Her best friend exclaimed

"Wow, Marinette!" Her best friend exclaimed. "This is amazing! I can already see everyone's eyes on you, especially a certain blond boy-"

"Alya!" The blue-haired girl shoved her best friend while laughing. "You know, I was thinking of adding ruffles to the skirt portion. What do you think?"

"I think that you are THE most talented designer!" Alya smiled at her best friend. Marinette smiled back until she heard a tap on her trap door. "What was that?" Alya looked in confusion.

"Oh, it's probably just those pigeons, again. I practically have to scare them away every day! I-I'll be right back," Marinette lied. She ran up the steps and crawled through the trap door to see Chat Noir standing there.

"Chat what are you doing?" Marinette whisper screamed, making sure Alya couldn't hear her.

"Well, hello to you too, princess", he smirked.

"Kitty, this isn't a good time. I have Alya over", she explained while using her thumb to point to her bedroom.

"I just wanted to check up on you to see if you were okay."

Marinette smiled. "Thanks kitty. And yes, I am okay. We can talk later if you'd like."

"As you wish", Chat Noir bowed. Marinette rolled her eyes. "Farwell, my princess."

Chat Noir extended his stick and was out of sight. She could hear him saying "Weeeee" every time he leaped off of a building. Silly kitty

Marinette went back inside to see Alya searching for her prom outfit. "Still no luck?" the bluenette asked while placing herself next to Alya on the chaise.

"Nope. It would be so much easier if you'd design it," Alya joked. 

"Maybe I will."

"Wait really? But don't you still have to finish your dress?"

"Well yeah, but all I have to do is add the ruffles and the butterfly on the side. It won't take me that long. Plus, I already have a few ideas in mind that would work perfectly for you and Nino."

Alya hugged her. "ugh you're the best Marinette, I hope you know that", Alya paused for a moment and released the hug when realization hit her. "Wait, I thought you and Luka were over? Wouldn't it be weird for you to ask him?"

"No, we agreed that we were just going to be friends."

"So, how are you going to ask him?"

"Maybe send him a text?"

"Marinette, that is SO lame. Come on, we have to do better than that. Especially if you're trying to make Adrien jealoussssss", Alya nudged Marinette with her elbow.

"What? I'm not trying to make him jealous!"

"Wait you weren't? Then why did your mind suddenly change at the mention of Kagami?"

"I don't know. I guess Kagami reminds me of Luka because she's the reason I moved onto Luka from Adrien."

"Yeah, but didn't her and Adrien call it quits too?"

"The situation is almost identical to mine. They agreed to be friends."

Alya grunted. "Man, you and Adrien are by the far the most difficult  people ever."

Marinette glared at Alya. "Let's just figure out ways to ask Luka to prom, okay?"

Heyyyy! I know this is a short chapter, but it's practically just a filler chapter. I wonder how Marinette is going to ask Luka...no seriously I do actually wonder that because I have no idea how I'm going to write this lol.