Chapter 19

Life was starting to get back to normal. I had some missions with the other Avengers. Thor and Loki came to visit and told us what has been going on in Asgard. Apparently, Odin wants to see me. He has requested my presence in Asgard. I told them that I need time to think about it. It has been little over a month since we came back from Wakanda, and Thor and Loki visited us about two days ago. Since their visit I have been mostly on my own during the days. I keep thinking about everything that went down centuries ago. I think about my mother who never got to know what happened to me. I keep thinking about my father and his decisions involving me. I keep thinking about the fire dragons and the phoenixes that according to Loki are now living in Asgard once again, in peace. Do they trust the people of Asgard and how are they feeling?

These past two days that I have spent thinking about everything, have also been difficult because I have been having really intense headaches. I keep taking long naps and because of the headaches I haven't really been training that much. I can feel changes in my body, but I don't know what is going on. I think that I am getting a cold. This goes on for couple of more weeks. One morning I get downstairs and everyone else is there for breakfast. Bucky sees me and says, "Good morning doll! How are you feeling?". I tell them that I am feeling better and start to get some food. Someone has made waffles, and everyone are eating them. I get two waffles on my plate, top them with some strawberries and blueberries, and go sit next to Bucky to eat. I am sitting in the end of the table, and I can feel some of the guys staring at me. "What is it?", I ask and sound annoyed. "Are you sure you are okay?", Steve asks. I get more annoyed and tell him to take care of his own business. After saying that out loud I wonder, what made me so annoyed about Steve's question. "Steve, I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that.", I apologize. He smiles at me. "It's okay, sweety. We are just worried.", he tells me. I nod.

I finally get to taste the waffles. Everyone else looks like they are enjoying them, so I can't wait. First bite tastes great, but suddenly I am feeling extremely sick. Bruce looks at me and asks, "Are you okay, is there something wrong with the waffles?". I run to the nearest bathroom because I feel like I have to throw up. Bucky is now standing and looking after me with a confused expression on his face. He looks at Steve and then at Bruce and no one says anything. Few minutes later I get back and everyone is staring at me. "I think I have some sort of a stomach bug. Bruce, can you do some test in the lab to figure out what is wrong?", I ask. He takes me to the lab and Bucky tries to follow us. Steve tells him to stay. "It will only take a little time. She will come back here after that. Give them some time.", Steve says to Bucky. Bucky looks at him and decides to sit back down.

In the lab I talk with Bruce while he draws some blood and does his test. He keeps asking me questions and I answer him. I think that getting these tests done in the lab that is paid by Tony Stark means that I get my results back quicker than from normal hospital. Tony has bought or build the best equipment for his and Bruce's research. I admire this lab. I remember that I used to work in laboratory, and that place had one computer, some equipment like centrifuge, spectrometer, and some other pretty cheap devices. They were nothing like these. I keep walking around the lab, while Bruce finishes the test. In a few minutes, the computer peeps and I hear Friday telling Bruce that the results are done. He looks at the computer and then at me. "I know, why you have been feeling tired, sick and little moody.", Bruce tells me. "I am not moody!", I snap to him immediately, only proving that I am moody. He shows me the results and I gasp.

It has been about half an hour since we left the others. Bucky is getting impatient, Nat and Wanda are looking at each other, and Steve tries to calm Bucky down. I had to take some time to figure out how I feel about everything. Bruce has been sitting with me on the lab's floor. I then walk to the kitchen with Bruce. He has his hand on my shoulder and I am still deep in my thoughts. "So, what is going on?", Tony asks. Everyone is looking at me and some of them are showing on their faces that they are thinking about the worst possible cases. I walk to Bucky. It looks like he is about to burst in tears. "Are you okay, doll?", he asks me. I take his hands in mine and hold them for a while. I keep looking at our hands. "Whatever it is, I am here for you. As long as it's two of us together, we can handle everything.", he tells me. I lift up my head and look at him. "Then there is a problem.", I say. He looks confused. "We are never going to be just us two. I'm pregnant!", I tell him.

I look at him and smile. In the corner of my eye, I can see some of the guys smiling and gasping. Wanda and Nat are crying and smiling at the same time. Steve gives Bucky a little congratulating shoulder tap. Bucky is still just staring at me. I see tears in his eyes when he pulls me into a gentle but strong hug. "Are you okay?", I ask. "Shouldn't I ask that from you right now?", he responds right away laughing. "I thought you could never make me happier than what we have been, but this puts that in a new perspective. I love you and I promise that I will always protect you and this little one.", he whispers to me trying not to let anyone hear.

I can see that Steve heard everything. I smile and kiss him. Nat and Wanda are behind me, ready to hug me. After the hugs and everything, I look at Bucky and Steve. "I need to tell Thor and Loki.", I say. They both nod and Steve leaves the room, probably to try to contact Thor somehow. I turn to Bucky and tell him that I love him. When he pulls me back to a hug, I can't help but think about the dream I had not that long ago. I keep thinking about the little girl in his dad's arms. I couldn't feel more happiness at that moment. I keep thinking about my dream. Me, Bucky, our children and my two brothers. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my heart. I push myself away from Bucky and gasp, "Loki, Thor!"