Greetings and Goodbyes

Vera's POV

*Bzzzzz bzzz!!!*
I slowly opened my eyes while still being half asleep and looked at my clock.
- Holy shit it's almost 8 am I'm gonna be late!
I immediately got up to pack my bags and do my hair.

While getting ready I heard a little voice saying:
„Mommy, will you be back soon? You've been away for such a long time and I don't want to miss you like that again" - Gytta asked in a worried tone.
- Don't worry honey, I'm just going for a weekend. You will stay with your brother and dad. He's coming over to take care of you, I'm sure you will have a good time together!
„Yes mommy but I would like to spend some time with both of you. Why is daddy never here anymore? Why don't you see him anymore?"
My eyes watered as I tried to catch my breath and find the most gentle explanation to not hurt her feelings.
- Honey, me and daddy are not getting along very well lately. He will visit you every week though, he even has a lot of surprises for you!
Her little face went from confused to sad and from sad to happy. My heart breaks into million pieces thinking about how she must feel with that.
„But will it ever be like old times? Will daddy come back to our home and will you kiss each other as you-„ - Her voice broke down.
She tried to finish the sentence but nothing was coming out of her throat.
I grabbed her gently in my arms and gave her the softest hug I possibly could. This poor kid did nothing to suffer like that. I felt so bad and so useless, I felt like it was all my fault.

Minutes passed by and I realized how late it was, I had to leave asap. I checked up on fynn, he was still sleeping. As I was leaving the house I blew a kiss for Gytta and got into the taxi.

My thought drifted away when I heard my phone ringing. It was my ex husband, Renn. I picked up immediately worried that something might have happened with the kids.
„Hello?" - Renn said
- Hi, what's going on? Is everything good?
„Yes, I mean no.. I mean yes but someone hit my car from behind and I have to wait till police arrives here. It may take a few minutes up to an hour. Please inform kids and I hope you prepared something to eat for them?"
- Omg are you alright? And yes I have made them some breakfast, it's next to the fridge. Fynn is still sleeping, Gytta can't wait for you since I told her you had a surprise for them.
„I am all good. Just gonna be a little late and my car is kinda damaged but it's fine, I'll call you when I arrive home. Bye"
- Okay, bye.
I ended the call and felt a huge relief.

*about an hour later*

„It's here Mrs. It will be 15$ for a ride"
„Excuse me miss?" - I heard taxi driver's voice.
- Oh excuse me, how much will it be? I asked with a sleepy voice since I've fallen asleep on the way.
„15$"
- Alright, here u are thank you.
I got out of the car and saw a nice looking hotel in front of me. I entered to get all signed up etc. and I saw a man. A handsome man with ocen blue eyes and dark brown hair...

——————
Omg so this is my first story ever. I'm sorry this chapter is kinda long but I wanted to express the situation as good as I could and make it interesting at once. I'm kinda nervous and I hope you enjoyed! Next parts coming soon :)