A look into the past: Ambushed

As Erak stood looking out into the forest, the giant panther scratched behind its ear he was soon distracted by the various flying bugs around his head, however he never left his place beside Erak. “Are you done yet?” Erak asked impatiently with his arms folded the panther growled, Erak growled back.

   "If you would stop yelling at me, this might not take as long.” Maydeen said trying to maintain her calm. Erak rolled his eyes.

    “If you wouldn’t take so long, I wouldn’t yell.” He grumbled, the panther rolled over onto his back and began to purr. He glanced down at the panther kitten, and cocked an eyebrow. It was then that Maydeen decided to emerge from the bushes; she was wearing the breeches and tunic Erak had brought.

    “How big did you think I was going to be?” Maydeen questioned, Erak looked back at her the leather was loose and she was holding up the breeches with one hand. Erak chuckled.

    “That was the smallest I had,” He looked at her as she began to go back into the bushes, “hey wait,” he walked past her to his bag.

    “If I wait too much longer you will be seeing a sight you are being paid for.” Maydeen said while she struggled with her waist band.

    Erak chuckled as he looked in his bag, “here.” He said as he pulled out the rope, “Tie this around your waist.” He tossed the rope to Maydeen, but instead of catching the rope it hit her side and somehow managed to wrap itself around her shoulders and head.

    Maydeen glared at Erak from underneath the rope. “Was throwing it truly necessary?” she asked lifting it away from her eyes. The panther finally stood up and walked over to Maydeen and sniffed the rope that was dangling by her waist. The half-blood pulled on the rope and tried to unwrap her tangled head, it wasn’t working the world around began darken with her frustration. Maydeen growled as she continued to pull on the rope, only making the rope tighter, and the knots worse.

    Erak stopped searching through his bag, and watched Maydeen struggle. “Do you need help?” He enquired slowly. Maydeen huffed and dropped her hands.

     “No I’m fine,” She began to try again, while still holding up her falling breeches.

    Erak rolled his eyes and walked over to Maydeen, “Hold still Half-breed.” He mumbled as he started to untangle the rope from her hair.

    “Don’t call me Half-breed.” She growled as the shadows and grew darker. Erak looked around at the forest.

   “Are you doing that?” He questioned calmly, and then he looked back at Maydeen who wasn’t making eye contact she was merely gazing into the shadows. Erak didn’t move.

    “What?” Maydeen asked looking up at him. Erak shrugged and started to untangle the ropes again he was surprisingly gentle Maydeen looked away again. Erak tugged on her hair, “Hey!” She looked at him and found him smiling. “What was that for?”

     He held the rope up, “Done.”

    Maydeen grabbed the rope, “What do I do with this?” There was a quiet, small shake of the earth, that with went with her annoyance.

   Erak rolled his eyes and rubbed his temple with his fingertips, “You are going to tie it to keep your trousers up.” He grumbled, not noticing the ground shaking. Maydeen looked at the rope and tried to get it around her waist using one hand. “Here let me do it.” Erak said sounding irritated.

    “I can do this.” Maydeen said still fiddling with the rope.

    “How are going to do it when you are only using one hand?” He grabbed the rope and knelt down beside her wrapping it around, and tying it off.