V - WHO, BIG M?

•••

•••

Maira was eating lunch with her friends, they had an exam the next day which none of them even felt prepared for. The blonde girl was really dreading to spend her night studying, hoping her day would go by slowly. The table was missing Erin, who must have been running late from her last class.

Maira was laughing at something Michelle had said, briefly making eye contact with James. She couldn't quite understand how she felt about James, her mind was fully scrambled when she thought about it too long, or even just looking at him set her off.

Maira hadn't even noticed that Erin had turned up, a proud smile on her face as she sat down. "This took some convincing girls, but Mammy is letting me have yous over."

The group looked at each other in confusion. "For what?" Clare asked.

"Study sleepover." Erin announced to them, Maira raised both brows, it sounded like it would be a good idea. Maira probably would have found it hard to study herself, so if she had her friends with her, it would make it so much better.

Michelle scoffed at such an idea. "Fuck that, I'll stay home." She laughed.

Maira rolled her eyes at Michelle's reluctance. "Oh come on Michelle, you don't have to study if you don't want to." She pointed out.

Michelle's disgruntled face dropped, thinking about what Maira informed her. "True." She nodded.

"I think this is such a good idea." Clare beamed, it was obvious she would have liked this idea, out of the five of them she wanted to get good grades the most.

"We can help each other out too." James agreed, Michelle's brows furrowed at what James said.

"You're not fucking invited James." Michelle snapped at him. Here we go again, Maira thought to herself.

Orla's mouth fell open and her eyes widened, grabbing James' arm and bringing him close to her. "But I like James!" She protested.

"You're not in charge, Michelle, Erin decides if I go." James actually argued back, Maira raised both brows in surprise that he defended himself and no one had to do it for him.

"You're not." Erin informed him.

James' small smile he had from actually saying something back to Michelle had immediately dropped. "What?"

"Ach, come on, why not?" Maira complained, was James just supposed to be left out of everything?

...Not that she cared that much, she just wanted to know why.

"He's a fella." Michelle point a thumb at James.

Maira shrugged her brows, Michelle never had an issue when Connor used to turn up at her sleepovers when they were wains. "And?" She asked.