Chapter 87

a few minutes ago

"it's nice that the living maze is done, but it's hard to tell where we are now." aizawa says. by now, everyone's recovered from the mayhem and is now standing in a group, still on high-alert for any last minute twists.

"i know what direction eri's room is in." nighteye informs.

"irinaka! put the walls back in order! hurry!" the police chief orders the villain that's now captured and in the hold of another police officer. with an irritated look, the villain just continues to shake with his eyes red, letting anyone with a brain know he's been on drugs.

"the drug probably wore off..."

he shouldn't be able to enter and control objects bigger than a fridge! if he gets a big enough boost, it's not impossible, huh?

"fatgum's guess was right. irinaka doesn't have enough power to do that anymore." aizawa points out the obvious.

"but there's still toga and twice... the league of villains must be hiding somewhere!" the police chief predicts. at the mentioned names, the villain grits his teeth in anger. "toga..twice... i won't forgive you! you traitors!" he yells in despair, shaking in his restraints.

"where are the other league members?" nighteye interrogates.

"the hell if i know! i'll definitely find them all! i'll break open the skulls of all the league bastards!" the villain shouts.

"which means, those two were the only ones here, huh?" nighteye says.

"there's no sign of the league coming to attack us.."

"but it's hard to believe they're on our side just because they betrayed irinaka."

"the league of villains are wanted by police across the country. as police officers, we cannot just ignore them." the chief says, cocking his gun back.

our biggest worry is the shadow of the league of villains. in case they're wrong, and the league ends up involved, then you guys are out.

"mr. aizawa!" izuku calls out, his teacher's words ringing in his mind.

"what're you standing around talking for?" rock lock says, making you and everyone else turn to him. "ignore them and move forward! leave the league to the police. what's our top priority?!" the hero on the ground yells.

with a sigh, you nod. "don't like agreeing with you but you're right." you speak up, making the attention go to you. "it's for the best. the police can only do so much going forwards. it's in the hero's hands now, seeing that this is a serious villain who guns will do so little against." you explain and rock lock reluctantly nods in agreement at your words.

"she's right. and either way, someone has to stay behind to restrain irinaka. thanks to that girl, it'll be hard for me to jump around now. if you get it, then hurry up and move your legs!" rock lock says and that makes your eyes subtly widen. "ryukyu, and all the other heroes at the top! the police who were separated from us underground! suneater! red riot! fatgum! lemillion! now that we've gotten this far, we're almost there! don't waste the time everyone's worked so hard to get!"

"go!"

you immediately take off running along with izuku, aizawa and nighteye. knowing rock lock is staring at you all, izuku turns around and makes eye contact with the hero.

"we'll definitely get her out, rock lock!" he yells before turning back around. sighing, you also turn back around and make eye contact with him.

"what i said back at the meeting?"