two || field trip

You wake up slowly, your arms stretching out lazily beside you as you roll over to look at the clock. Your bleary eyes lock onto the numbers displayed and you shoot up in bed. You are really late.

With only 10 minutes to get ready and be outside to meet Peter, you rush around the apartment in your pajamas, putting two pieces of bread in the toaster at the same time as you brush your teeth. You get dressed quickly, sparing a few extra seconds to brush through your hair to get it under control.

You are out the door in record time, running out of the building with your toast in hand to see Peter waiting on the sidewalk with his head bowed down to scroll through his phone.

"I'm here, I'm here...." You huff, panting from running down five flights of stairs. You take your phone out of your pocket, a cheeky grin making its way onto your lips when you see the time. "....And with 2 minutes to spare because I'm just that good."

Peter slips his phone into his pocket and raises an eyebrow at the sight of you, face bright with amusement. "Your jacket is inside out."

Your smile drops and you glance down to your jacket to see the seams all on the outside, stray strings dangling out here and there. "It was a fashion choice-?"

You try to play it off but Peter chuckles, clearly not buying it. He steps closer, extending a hand that finds its way to the end of your sleeve. "Here, let me help you."

He tugs the jacket off of you and flips it right-side-out, shaking out the fabric a few times to straighten out any wrinkles or imperfections. He prompts you to raise you arms and he helps you put the garment back on, threading your arms through from the back.

Your back is itchy from your hair being wedged between it and the inside of the jacket, but Peter somehow already knows that without you having to tell him, gently pulling it out and letting the long strands fall down your shoulders.

You turn around so you're facing each other again and he places a hand on either side of you, running them up and down your arms tenderly which causes a light blush to blossom on both of your cheeks at the contact. "Uh, there you go."

"Thanks."

The word feels lame and shy but Peter smiles back at you brightly as you begin the walk to the subway station, walking shoulder to shoulder down the side walk and laughing all the way as you discuss the upcoming field trip.

------

Mr. Harrington stands on the front steps of the modern skyscraper, waving his folder in the air to gather the attention of the class as you all chatter in excitement over missing a day of school.

"Alright class, listen up! Remember, it is a privilege to be here. We are guests of Oscorp's science division, so behave accordingly. While we are in the building you will need to listen and treat everyone and everything with respect." He wrings his hands, looking off in the distance forlornly. "...Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the Planetarium."

Mr. Cobwell claps his hands and takes Mr. Harrington's place at the front of the group, waving the class up the stone steps so you arrive to your tour on time. "Come on people, let's stay together. Proceed up the stairs and into the building."

A woman in a sharp grey pantsuit walks up to the class, her hair pulled back into a sleek bun and her black high heels clicking as she walks across the smooth tile of the lobby.

"Welcome to Oscorp's Cross-Species Division. My name is Melinda and today I will be guiding your tour. We ask that your phones stay on silent and that you do not stray from the group." She addresses the class as a few interns silently distribute Level 0 visitor access cards to each of you.