𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

The headlights blinded me, and it dragged me back to reality as I noticed myself inching towards the edge. A pair of arms wrap around my waist and gently pull me into a firm chest.

James?

I slowly turn around and my suspicion is confirmed. Standing there with a look i can't comprehend, yet it vanishes the moment i stare at him.

"What are you doing here, how did you even find me?"

"I have a tracker on your car love." My heart skips a beat. Shit.

"Wow stalker much."

"You know with being in the mafia, I would've expected you to know this much considering you're the daughter of one of the most feared bosses in the country."

"Sadly enough I can take care of myself without a tracker hooked onto me, thank you very much."

I step back form his embrace and wonder, why is he here?

"Why were you on the brink of death just now." His gaze was anything but curious. He seemed more concerned and....angry?

"I don't know what you're talking about, I just wanted to watch the waves crashing..." I soon drifted off and stared at the sun, slowly being swallowed into night.

"You shouldn't do something so reckless Nadine. If you would've died I-"

"What! What would you have done. Isn't this what you wanted from the very beginning. I'm sick of you pretending you care." I'm furious. I never asked for his concern, or this marriage. He stares at me for a while longer, as if analyzing my every move or emotion coursing through my eyes.

"Let's go home." He turns towards his car and opens the passenger door for me.

"I have my own car I can just-"

"Nadine, just ride with me." I stare at him for a quick minute, and eventually sit in the passenger seat, too tired to drive, and too tired to argue back.

On the way home there is an awkward silence looming, and I hated it. The sounds of our steady breathing, the sound of cars passing us by, and the hum of the radio. I tried to sleep but I felt unsafe and too aware of my surroundings to even bother.

We soon arrived home and I rushed upstairs in hopes of getting a shower and heading straight to bed. Jame shad different plans however as he tugs on my wrist in the stair case which stops me in my tracks.

"Whether you died or not is my business. My empire relies on you staying alive. Get this in your head." He sneers.

Ah, there it is. His true colors. For the past month i've been wondering why he was so friendly with the enemy, turns out he needed to butter them up before eating them. I'm not stupid. I know his type of character from a mile away. Yet no matter what I do, the pain in my heart starts to grow stronger as this new revelation surges through my brain.

So this is who James is.

Let the war commence.