☽ six: old soul ☾

a/n: hey babies sorry for being gone for so long, i was a little busy and i kinda had a mental block or something? anyways i was washing dishes one day as one does and had an epiphany for this story so... i'm back! <3 thanks for being patient my little beans

also!! might you guys be interested in a chapter where i introduce all the characters? with faceclaims and stuff?

———

cause the more i get to know you
well, the more i feel i knew you
in a lifetime a long time ago
- old soul, saint motel

———

it was a thursday afternoon, and ophelia sat beside the window of the dorm, watching the cars pass by. she really should have been working on an assignment in front of her. she had a coffee in her hand that victoria made earlier, beside her laptop where an open document was left untouched. "hey honey, i'm home!," victoria burst into the apartment - and laughter - with her arms full of groceries.

over the few weeks after her arrival, ophelia adjusted to her new life. she attended lectures, making a few acquaintances along the way. there was mila, daven, lucian, asteria and melody. on some days, they would go for lunch together in between classes.

in her free time, she and victoria went on shopping sprees and ate a ridiculous amount of food (a/n: let's pretend student debt isn't a thing). most nights, both girls would stay home, cook together and then work together or watch a movie.

ophelia hadn't seen ethan since that day and she couldn't help but wonder if he knew it was her. after all, he did look at her a little weird. she guessed she would find out soon though, as victoria had just called to ophelia from the kitchen, bringing her back to reality. "bella, damiano invited us for a day out this saturday, are you interested? thomas and his friend are probably going too," victoria explained as she launched herself onto the sofa beside the desk ophelia was sat at.

taking a moment to think about it, ophelia shrugged, "sure, why not?" with a smile, victoria whipped her phone out to text damiano. after putting her phone away, she turned to ophelia. "what are you doing?" she asked, dragging out her words. "i'm attempting to get started on this assignment," ophelia replied. "you've been attempting for like 3 hours, hurry up before i make you wash the dishes tonight!" rolling her eyes ophelia finally paid attention to the screen before her, getting her introduction started.

by the time they had to start cooking, ophelia had already completed a third of her work. while cutting up ingredients, ophelia contemplated telling victoria about knowing ethan before and how his real name wasn't even edgar but she decided against it. as she minced cloves of garlic, she heard victoria sing along to the playlist they had started to build together. ophelia thought that this could be kept a secret between her and ethan, no one had to know.

that night when she lay in bed, all she felt was the anxiety of meeting ethan again and the possibility of them having that conversation. she tossed and turned under her blanket, finally falling into an uneasy rest.

———

saturday came soon enough, with victoria invading her bedroom at 7.30am. the blonde girl announced her presence by jumping onto the bed and snuggling up next to ophelia. "wakie wakie bella, time to get ready!" she semi-shouted while shaking the sleeping girl by her shoulders.

groaning at how loud her friend was, ophelia settled with pulling victoria closer, hugging her tightly. "oh... this is nice," victoria mumbled, wrapping her arms around the taller girl, "but we have to get up in five minutes okay?"

in about half an hour, both girls were dressed and in front of the big mirror in their living room doing their makeup. as they finished their looks, both their phones buzzed with a text from damiano in their group chat.

besties! 💘💞💖

damiano: hey ladies, we're parked outside, take your time!

thomas: take your time?? we don't have all day!

edgar: be nice, thomas

me: we'll be down soon xx

vic: COMING!!!

damiano: damn woman okay!!

ophelia slid her phone into her bag with an uneasy feeling when she saw that she hadn't changed ethan's contact to his real name. she tried to push that feeling away as she and victoria approached the car, not wanting to ruin her day.

victoria slid into the backseat next to thomas, leaving a space for ophelia next to the window. ethan and damiano were seated in front. "so, where are we going first?" victoria asked. "breakfast, of course!" damiano excitedly replied. thomas groaned at the excitement, "i don't get how you can be so lively this early." "thomas, it's 9am it's not that early," ophelia laughed. "that's exactly what ethan just said 5 minutes ago," the blonde haired boy replied, resting his head on victoria's shoulder. "maybe it's a sign that you should stop whining so much, you little shit," ethan chuckled.

"wait... ethan? the last time we met he was edgar," victoria said. "ethan is my real name, but my friends sometimes call me edgar for no reason," ethan told her, nervously turning back. his eyes flickered to ophelia for a split second, making her think fuck i guess he knows who i am then.

clearing her throat and turning away, she asked, "what are we doing for the rest of the day?" "i thought maybe we could go shopping and then for lunch, head to the park for a picnic? i even brought a frisbee so we can hang out there. and then after that we could head to a club or a bar for late night drinks," damiano suggested. "sounds perfect!" victoria exclaimed. and so they headed on towards a cafe, listening to classic rock on the way.