Chapter 3: Stay with me

Writers Note: This chapter has been updated! The spelling of Paimon has been fixed. Grammar mistakes have been fixed. I hope you like it better now! A big thank you to NoireBug.

"Yum!"
Lumine looks over at Paimon who had just beaten her personal record by eating Grilled Tiger Fish in under 1 minute. "You're a flying pig, Paimon!"
"Hey! It's not my fault I love food!"
Lumine chuckles as she eats her Grilled Tiger Fish. Lumine gets up and starts walking to start her commissions. They were nothing too crazy just things like clearing out Hilichurl Camps or gathering items for others. "It's getting late, Paimon can you go get some food from Liyue? I'm gonna clear out the camps nearby so we can sleep here."
"Sure thing!"
As Paimon floats to Liyue, Lumine clears out the Hilichurl camps nearby and makes a nice place to sleep under a tree. "I'm back with some Crystal Shrimp!"
Paimon hands some to Lumine and eats with her. Lumine eats hers and drifts asleep. 
"Xiao."
"Xiao don't go!"
"Stay with me! I don't want to lose you like I lost Aether!"

"Hmm?"
"She's calling my name!"
Xiao jumps up swiftly, and dashes to Lumine's location. "I'm here!"
"Uhh!?"
"She called my name unconsciously. But why me? Of all people the person she had just met she calls the name of?"
"Xiao? W-What are you doing here?"
"Crap, she is awake!"
Xiao looks at Lumine's tear-filled eyes. He runs towards Lumine and wraps his arm around her thin waist and uses his other hand to ruffle her hair. "X-Xiao w-what are y-you do-"
"Shhhh"
"I don't know what your tears are for but I'm here now. Your safe with me."

"I-I umm

"I-I umm."
"T-Thank you."
"C-Can you stay with me longer?"
"Hmm?"
Xiao tightens his grip on Lumine making her feel comforted. Lumine closes her eyes letting him comfort her. Lumine buries her face in Xiao's shoulder and cries. "I-I think I'm okay now."
"I guess I should explain myself."
"You don't have to it seems really personal."
"No no it's okay you deserve an explanation."
"I'm sure you have already caught on but I'm a traveler from a different world."
Xiao loosens his grip on Lumine's waist so he can look her in the eyes. He nods his head at Lumine to let her know to continue. "I was fighting a god when my twin brother and I were separated, I landed here and my brother was nowhere to be found."
Lumine feels tears appear in her eyes. "I can continue," she says to herself.
"I came to Liyue to look for him but I have been having nightmares lately."
Lumine hides her face in Xiao's shoulder and continues her story. "I-I'm scared I'm gonna lose someone like a lost Aether but at the same time I feel too lonely to not make any friends."
Lumine wraps her arms around Xiao's neck. Lumine is crying so much now and all Xiao can do is comfort her.

Writers Note: 
Hey guys! So this was a long chapter but I put a lot of love and care into it! I hope you love the detail I got goosebumps writing and reading it! I'm hyped for the next chapter its when things start getting real! (Kinda)

Until next time XOXO- Lily